One I never bought but wish I had.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philpot

Whilst sat in the cottage yesterday, coffee in hand along with the best biscuits on the table looking out at the snow falling and thinking, am I glad I didn't bother going to Humberside ground to do some rifle work................................... so what do we do on days like this ( which is the same again today but bigger snow flakes ) well out comes the laptop and have a look at gun reviews on youtube. 

I stumbled on one particular vid from TGS Outdoors which was about a gun bought at auction, the Classic Doubles version of the Winchester model 23 s/s, a gun which I borrowed to shoot the s/s championship back in the eighties and although I didn't take much money home with me, I seriously loved this gun which went on my wish list but unfortunatley stayed there and before we know it, they are as rare as hen's teeth. I do regret not buying one as I have a sheer hate of s/s guns but this one is completely different, take a look.

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/y4Hql7CjzM8?feature=oembed

Last edited by a moderator:
Funnily enough a buddy of mine has suggested going to Brandesburton this weekend to do some zeroing , then killing two birds with one stone if you will , and shooting some Sporting to make the 140 mile round trip worthwhile . 
I can remember seeing the model 23 around 45 years ago ? , I was totally dumb then , and considered it too American , I wanted AYA and Zabala ..  I too cringe when I think of the tat I’ve bought over the years , I wish I knew then what I know now 😂

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to shoot with a guy that had the 'English' version of a Winchester 23. I had an auto safe, single selective trigger, straight hand (slim grip) stock, 28" barrels, fixed chokes and a 'splinter' forend. It also had chrome lined barrels and varnished woodwork.  At just over 7 lbs., a touch heavy but a nice gun.

Back