DTL advice...

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Austin is a great shooter and a very nice bloke. (and a northerner)

Wow 3 lines out of 8 he had a second barrel, if anyone thinks this is easy think again.

Well done Austin ..... 

Well done Austin.......

Well......So that is it then.....proof of the pudding......there 'were' sporting shooters there....in fact Becky, when I asked what she was doing shooting trap, replied.....well it's easy they are all going one way.................L. O. L........but at the end of it all..........a DTL shooter wins...!!

.....true story..!!

:laugh:

Pssssssst trappies...............Ssssssssssssssh.........don't laugh too loud at the fact that there was some top sporting names.....'behind'.....the DTL shooter.......ooooooops I mean "WINNER"..............or they will all start crying again.

But if anything .....I think the point has been made about DTL is a discipline to focus your mind.

Austin.......your my hero :kiss:

Nicola

its probably worth mentioning that Austin is a VERY good sporting shooter also AAA in fact although primarily he is indeed a DTL shot.

I know.......which again just goes to show how DTL helped his sporting.

He is a perfect example of this whole discussion.

If you look at his scores you will see how much trap he shoots.

Does anyone know which column refers to which discipline?

I know they were shooting DTL, ABT, ESK & ESP but which column is which?

I hope more of these comps are held. I was at Worsley yesterday, but I was going to check out this all-round. They seem the most interesting and challenging comps.

Rob

I am guessing that the order you list is correct at least that is how I remember it being on the occasions I have shot it.

Degla seem to have regular AR comps

How did you get on yesterday ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you seen Austins DTL percentages ... 98.7 % which equates to an average score of 296 he is of course ranked No1 in the CPSA rankings having shot a whopping 3300 targets, ok some have shot more but there not at the top. Impressive stuff I reckon.

> Because for instance in DTL you are subject to the pace of the competitor on your left, 

Apologies for breaking into the thread with a newbie question. I've never seen a DTL competition What does "Subject to the pace" mean in this context? 

No problem.

What is meant by that is that sometimes you can be on a squad were everyone shoots quickly as in mounts quick and calls quick not necessarily pulls the trigger quick, therefore you can be pulled along at that pace as wet don't want to upset the rhythm if you are a slower shooter this can greatly effect your own timing and concentration or what we used to call in fencing the cadence. Equally it can well the other way around if the squad is slower than you would like. You will notice that most of the very top and even many nearly at the top will shoot together (if they are similar speeds) when possible so they are certain of shooting on a line with similar rhythm to there own. It does not take much at Dtl to throw your routine.

No problem.

What is meant by that is that sometimes you can be on a squad were everyone shoots quickly as in mounts quick and calls quick not necessarily pulls the trigger quick, therefore you can be pulled along at that pace as wet don't want to upset the rhythm if you are a slower shooter this can greatly effect your own timing and concentration or what we used to call in fencing the cadence. Equally it can well the other way around if the squad is slower than you would like. You will notice that most of the very top and even many nearly at the top will shoot together (if they are similar speeds) when possible so they are certain of shooting on a line with similar rhythm to there own. It does not take much at Dtl to throw your routine.
Thank you. I thought that might be what was meant. 

Ian,

I had a good time yesterday. Met up with Nicky T, Ed Lyons and Jeremy (Jem0911) plus his wife Lorriane (or was it Elaine? I misheard at the start and didnt want to ask again!). Bit of a laugh and some nice targets.

I was on a 50% score by about 2/3s the way around, then only got like 5 targets on the last 4 stands (from about 40!). Was pretty exhausted by the end. All the picking up of different targets I found hard.

I tried shooting some stands trap-style i.e. shoot it as soon as I see it. It worked well on one bird, on one stand, a low incomer. Blasted them as soon as they appeared from the trees. Didnt work great on the rest!

682 performed well, I hit at least 1 of most targets. So it is possible to hit them, I just wasnt doing it consistently. All the targets were quite close so didnt get to use the advantages of the tight chokes too much.

Had a good time, with good company, and I'll defo head down there again, and the variety of sporting is fun, but I confirmed for myself I want to shoot mostly trap from now on :)

Yes sporting is fun.....but trap is where it is at.....!!

Welcome to the darkside.

Laters peeps........off to shoot.....

Rob

Good man, trap is were it is at.

Ian

Back