Do you use the same cartridge for everything?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of Richard Faulds did anybody noticed how little his gun recoils or is je just managing it better than anyone else ? Looks like he is shooting subsonic 21g...any idea how does he do it?

I use a mid price cartridge (Power Gold) for 90% of my shooting now and then top of the range 6.5s for the rest.

Speaking of Richard Faulds did anybody noticed how little his gun recoils or is je just managing it better than anyone else ? Looks like he is shooting subsonic 21g...any idea how does he do it?
He uses Supreme Comp 8's and 6.5s.

Supreme Comp 28g is a 1318 fps cartridge - yet he manages it with ease. Here is a vid I like to watch here and then, where you can see plenty of best shooting - you can see him shooting at 2:11, 9:46, 17:04...

Anyway - back to the subject - on this same video you can see GD mixing White and Black Gold (Black Storm?), so looks like using different cartridges gets to the best as well.

Shoot mostly Sporting and No, have a mix  I do have a few so bulk of practice with Hull SuperFasts with the odd F3 PistonWad,for  comp use Fiocchi F3, F3 PistonWad the odd Officials, though wish I had a few 6.5s to blast at the rabbits at WestonWood a week or two back 
Now all my Hull and other odds and ends have gone up in smoke I'm, like Will supports a one cartridge for all chap, and this chump uses the F3, I have near 2000 of them so enough for month or three, 

I don't know if it is Nationwide , but many club shooters are now cutting out the odd shoot or two per month because of the cost of cartridges and entry fees .

One chap I know is now shooting less and but rather worryingly no longer taking his Grandaughter , as she shoots a 20 bore and he cartridges cost approximately 50% more , so he simply cannot afford to shoot .

Should not all grounds now offer free shooting for school children accompanied by a full fee paying adult?

what is the average cost of cartridges in the Uk . a few friends of mine are just back from the Kreighoff in wales and they were saying the cost of cartridges over there is crazy . say the like of Hull Pro one or Fiocchi F-Black or Clever T3 Grand italia?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if it is Nationwide , but many club shooters are now cutting out the odd shoot or two per month because of the cost of cartridges and entry fees .

One chap I know is now shooting less and but rather worryingly no longer taking his Grandaughter , as she shoots a 20 bore and he cartridges cost approximately 50% more , so he simply cannot afford to shoot .

Should not all grounds now offer free shooting for school children accompanied by a full fee paying adult?
I cannot comment on non Reg shoots as I know not, though I am sure that both Steve Nutbeam at Longridge and Steve Lovatt at all his shoots do offer a concession to juniors, again as for registered shoots as for less entries here we are seeing the opposite, more and more shoots all well attended

As a new shooter I'm limited choice so half chokes both barrels then super fast 7.5 for everything and fiber 9 for close has improved scores from 50/100 to 70/100 for me it's getting a score on every stand 

Latest posts

Back