CPSA Confidentiality.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took me a minute to find that didn't know that page existed until now ta! The grey ones are the ones that don't count towards your average due to being 10% or more below your raw average.
I too didn't know this existed, you live and learn.

On a more serious note and thinking about it, it should only be CPSA members who are able to view this information in my opinion.

So cross ref to another post re carpet bagging.

How do carpet baggers get over this if the low scores don't count.
Exactly. Can't just wear a blindfold, you would have to get it just right. However, if you keep shooting low scores, your raw average will lessen so fewer scores will drop off.

I too didn't know this existed, you live and learn.

On a more serious note and thinking about it, it should only be CPSA members who are able to view this information in my opinion.
I can't imagine why anybody is worried about this, but it is odd that part of the site is log-in while the rest remains open to all.

Exactly. Can't just wear a blindfold, you would have to get it just right. However, if you keep shooting low scores, your raw average will lessen so fewer scores will drop off.
So they have to shoot almost all their shoots with low scores.

Well that's sporting.

Can't wait to see those 5 names that are going to posted on here as said in a previous post.

Judging from some of the comments on here some do not even know what info is available.

Doesn't make a lot of difference a lot of grounds put scores on Internet at the end of the shoot .

People know what I've shot before I get home ,we all have good and bad days

Yes i agree think we all take it to different levels of what we want out of our hobby .

Some don't shot anymore but like to keep an eye on who's doing what ,some just want to take the mickey when you have a bad day ,but it's all part of agood day out .

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do they bother. That's what I some get.

Who cares what some one else gets.

It's hobby at the end of the day.
A hobby ?

Wash your mouth out for many of us it is far from a hobby. Sometimes it's not even fun :)

Fishing is a HOBBY....................Shooting is a VOCATION !
For many yes, fishing is a hobby.  Like any sport at the top end (coarse fishing for example) its far more than a hobby.  Its very competitive, gets under your skin and eats you up...a bit like shooting.

As for seeing CPSA scores of other shooters - i think this is great.  As someone who wants to progress in the sport I have my eye on a few who i 'aspire' to be as good as one day and often have a peep to see how i have done at a shoot compared to said persons. Its one of the things that drives me to become a better shot.

That may be so BUT, I bet that you would not like the fact that you had one of 4",  whilst mine was a measured 12" plastered over the front of the Angling Times !

as far as a paltry £15, for a c class win for ESP ,, fishing was a big earner for me 32 years ago,!      prefer the clay shooting tho¬

Well, I really couldn't care less who sees my scores to be honest, I freely admit that my scores are crap these days. I still have fun shooting though, this is mainly down to the guys I shoot with,so do I still take it seriously? Well yes and no......I never intend to shoot crap, but I'm normally very good at it though. So I take it seriously in as much as I like to have a laugh and shoot safely, but I'm not so serious that I get in a mood if I shoot total crap! For me it has to be fun, yes I win a bit now and again, but I really couldn't care less about who sees what my scores are. There is far more to this sport than classifications, scores and statistics and that is something that a good many people seem to overlook in their quest for the perfect score! It's very easy for some people to get so far up themselves that they lose sight of the fun element!   Maybe my view is wrong, but it is my view and that's that! I will get my coat now!!!   :laugh:

Back