Coaching during a competition

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And well done them Nic!

I never said Douglas Bader was not a hero or courageous etc.. etc but he did lose his legs through doing a something which was incredibly stupid and had nothing to do with courage more with showing off in an unauthorised stunt. At that point in time he was being a tw*t and it cost him dearly.. but never the less the man made his way through life superbly so lets leave it at that? Also Kenneth More got a good film part because of him :)

By the way....my father was actually killed in his plane....does that make him a tw*t as well....!

Like I have said it doesn't personally bother me one way or the other for ESP or FITASC just a ref has to be careful if he/she allows it for one shooter in the cage and not the next shooter regardless of the shooters ability, scores that day or whether they are birds only or not. So the refs decision should be do I allow coaching or not, they cannot make their own rules up based on their own criteria because we as shooters waiting our turn in line have no idea what this threshold for allowing coaching is so have to assume it's allowed for all on that stand.

On the shooting line for sportrap I don't want anybody talking let alone giving advice as that does directly affect me. Only because I am trying to remember what target is where and what to take first in the simos as well as keeping focus. But if someone offered advice whilst changing stations I would not be bothered.

I know there's no answer to the question because my answer is that there's no point in answering it.

The purpose of my observation is to support the fact that If your going to be concerning yourself with what others may, or may not be doing in the competition then you're allowing yourself to become distracted and that isn't going to help your own performance.

Personally if I notice someone is using anything over 24 grm in OT i'm not going to grass them up or whine about it because there's no point. I use 24grm for everything anyway including UT and  ABT where unless the rules have changed 28grm is allowed. Likewise if I was shooting ESP and I noticed someone getting some kind advice whilst in the cage I still wouldn't worry about them.

Best just to think about what you need to do mate and forget about everyone else.
So what you are saying is if you were placed down the order in a competition by someone you know is cheating you simply say well done him and trip off home happy that you came fourth sticking by the rules and he/she took a place through underhanded cheating !

So what you are saying is if you were placed down the order in a competition by someone you know is cheating you simply say well done him and trip off home happy that you came fourth sticking by the rules and he/she took a place through underhanded cheating !

And well done them Nic!

I never said Douglas Bader was not a hero or courageous etc.. etc but he did lose his legs through doing a something which was incredibly stupid and had nothing to do with courage more with showing off in an unauthorised stunt. At that point in time he was being a tw*t and it cost him dearly.. but never the less the man made his way through life superbly so lets leave it at that? Also Kenneth More got a good film part because of him :)
Your history knowledge extends to a film you watched??? WOW!!!

Nic nowhere on this thread have I in any way or at anytime questioned the courage or commitment to the Royal Air Force shown by Douglas Bader. I will say only this I did say he lost his lower legs not through an act of heroism but one of stupidity by someone not following what he was ordered against doing. There is nothing at all heroic about disobeying an order and damned near killing your self to boot.

I know there's no answer to the question because my answer is that there's no point in answering it.

The purpose of my observation is to support the fact that If your going to be concerning yourself with what others may, or may not be doing in the competition then you're allowing yourself to become distracted and that isn't going to help your own performance.

Personally if I notice someone is using anything over 24 grm in OT i'm not going to grass them up or whine about it because there's no point. I use 24grm for everything anyway including UT and ABT where unless the rules have changed 28grm is allowed. Likewise if I was shooting ESP and I noticed someone getting some kind advice whilst in the cage I still wouldn't worry about them.

Best just to think about what you need to do mate and forget about everyone else.
. Very good point!! You can get wrapped up in a nasty argument, which will do your shooting or score no good at all!! The refs are there to police the stands leave it to them.

At the end of the day the he/she cheating are only cheating themselves ...... If someone person needs to cheat then they are a wrong un and need to get out more......... Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To lighten the mood I would like a bet this thread will hit 300 quotes..... Any takers? It seems to just revolving in one big circle every day...... :)
Despite what any of us say or argue or even stress the strongest of views unless CPSA or refs and ground owners in force it, we just as well carry on until the cows come home....... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To lighten the mood I would like a bet this thread will hit 300 quotes..... Any takers? It seems to just revolving in one big circle every day...... :)Despite what any of us say or argue or even stress the strongest of views unless CPSA or refs and ground owners in force it, we just as well carry on until the cows come home....... :)Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
. Spot on!! Will have £20 with you! Then going to get someone to lock it!!

To lighten the mood I would like a bet this thread will hit 300 quotes..... Any takers? It seems to just revolving in one big circle every day...... :)Despite what any of us say or argue or even stress the strongest of views unless CPSA or refs and ground owners in force it, we just as well carry on until the cows come home....... :)Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk. Spot on!! Will have £20 with you! Then going to get someone to lock it!!

It appears to me that the person who is most vociferous against any form of coaching/advice/tips doesn't shoot ESP, which is really what this thread is about.....

By the way....my father was actually killed in his plane....does that make him a tw*t as well....!
Nic I have no idea of the circumstances of your fathers unfortunate death but I would be willing to bet he was not disobeying an order carrying out silly stunts !

It appears to me that the person who is most vociferous against any form of coaching/advice/tips doesn't shoot ESP, which is really what this thread is about.....
So to have an opinion you have to shoot the discipline ? Sorry I will cease posting immediately :)

Back