Clever Mirage T3 28g No8

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see your point james, however the thing is with OT and ABT is that as you know targets are at a fare distance and always edge on, hits with the edge of a pattern from any cartridge can and do at times fail to break it (anyone who has shot Nutty up until recently will know what I mean) therefore we need a good solid pattern especially with 24g loads, a few fliers with so few pellets are of no use.
Ian, I think you may miss understand what I'm talking about. Say for talking sake, the optomine diameter pattern for a 24g load is 75cm at 32m for OT, Clever B'ol D'or will evenly put 92% of the pattern in that 75cm radius, from my experience with Fblacks they will probably put a similar % of the pattern but overly dence in the middle (40-50cm) and increasingly gappy round the edge 40/50-75cm you loose pattern dencity outside the core of the pattern with fblacks (in my experience). Take a walk out to where all the wads lie on a OT range after the shooting has stopped for the day, you will find the fblack wads no problem if anyone has been shooting them...they will be the ones that one, two or more often than not all of the petals have failed to open.

James

I understand now what you mean and you could well be right blacks give very good kills but no wonder really as everyone who knows anything seems to agree that they are centre heavy, and maybe a little unforgiving as a result. Interesting about the wads I have never heard of that before.

I would like to try some of these clever but I have no supplier locally and no grounds I shoot regularly stock them, RC are on the list to try but early research indicates that the RC2 is not as good as the f black and I have a problem justifying spending over 200 per k for the RC4 etc. I always liked eley VIP but same problem at 220 per K. I shoot about 15k per year so 40 per k more equates to 600 quid per year, ouch.

Update

40up kindly donated a box of 24g T2s however there did not seem to be any lead in them i shot a 23x25 OT with them but must have had 10 second barrels luckily the f black in second barell saved the score. Obviously this is only a one box trial so i cant really be categorical about there performance compared to anything else but if there was any lead in there they don't shoot in the same place as Fiocchi do.

Update

40up kindly donated a box of 24g T2s however there did not seem to be any lead in them i shot a 23x25 OT with them but must have had 10 second barrels luckily the f black in second barell saved the score. Obviously this is only a one box trial so i cant really be categorical about there performance compared to anything else but if there was any lead in there they don't shoot in the same place as Fiocchi do.
Oh God now you've gone and done it William Wallace  will be along soon  :spiteful:

I was careful to state that this was by no means an exhaustive test so hopefully were ok :)

I was careful to state that this was by no means an exhaustive test so hopefully were ok :)
You can back peddle all you like Ian after my outburst i am still under police protection and undergoing a new identity programme + counselling :crazy:

Back