What Fiocchi?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have any of you had quality issues? FBlacks won't allow a friends Blaser to close and I saw a few boxes of F3's today of another chap's supply   with badly formed case heads , poor pressings.
Used about 20,000+ F3's and not had one bad one had some lumpy F blacks before.

Tried the pistons sat shot 150 of them loved them very smooth and felt nicer than the tt1s I had gripes with abit more money than I was previously paying but will have to have a few less pints a week?

I have had some Lumpy f-blacks as well....some time ago but to be fair I am happy with them as a shell now.  Hamster doesn't like f-blacks and that is fine, but I find them okay to shoot and you will find it hard to get another shell that patterns as tight.

F3 blues like I say are great.  I was really hammering stuff with my 3/4 chokes yesterday with them.  Nice even patterns and more open than F-blacks....but they are more punchy in my opinion.

I have had some Lumpy f-blacks as well....some time ago but to be fair I am happy with them as a shell now.  Hamster doesn't like f-blacks and that is fine, but I find them okay to shoot and you will find it hard to get another shell that patterns as tight.

F3 blues like I say are great.  I was really hammering stuff with my 3/4 chokes yesterday with them.  Nice even patterns and more open than F-blacks....but they are more punchy in my opinion.
I love FBlacks in almost every respect except recoil, I think the company would do well to revise its recipe and tangibly reduce recoil which would make it a world beater. 

Just for comparison on all the clever shells. Bare in mind steel shots all of them. This is the prices when I buy at my local shop, the prices are equivalent if you buy a 1000 or 250. You need to buy bulk in order to get a discount (10.000 or more)  

T1 (24gr size 7) 1260DKK 150£/170€

T2 (28gr size 7) 1400DKK 166£/188€

T4 (28gr size 7) 1700DKK 201£/228€

Cheapest we have is a SAGA Eurotrap cost 1160DKK 137£/155€. But it's not a pleasant cartridge to shoot. Punch a lot harder than any other 24 gr. 

Lars 

Last edited by a moderator:
Have any of you had quality issues? FBlacks won't allow a friends Blaser to close and I saw a few boxes of F3's today of another chap's supply   with badly formed case heads , poor pressings.
have shot probably 10,000 or more FBlacks never had any quality issues with them . 

I weighed an FBlack a while back...it seems I was cheating 

buJOT4g.jpg

I weighed an FBlack a while back...it seems I was cheating 

buJOT4g.jpg
44/1000th of a gram!!

Imediately hand back any prise money or trophys,that extra 10th of a pellet could be making all the difference!

I was on a charity day once with Peter Wilson he explained to us that he had to weigh every shell practice and comp to ensure consistency!

A few thousand at a time said he hated doing it and it took a few hours each week.

Red,Blue or Green and did you weigh at least a hundred to ensure consistency ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry i didn't make myself clear...was not for the rule book but for ballistic consistency?

Who am i to question an Olympic gold medal winner.
A great shooter and it would seem even more than dedicated :)   I shot with him at Lonato absolute gent his father too.

I weighed one as I’m tight and lazy, the consistency of my tightness and laziness is beyond reproach ?. 

I even measured 1 actual shot for diameter under under the microscope with a stage micrometer.

Again 1 was as far as I got before  boredom set in...

I weighed one as I’m tight and lazy, the consistency of my tightness and laziness is beyond reproach ?. 

I even measured 1 actual shot for diameter under under the microscope with a stage micrometer.

Again 1 was as far as I got before  boredom set in...
Come on..no secrets what size was it?

I am intrigued been told they are 7 3/4's ;)

They are 7's.  Continental shot sizes.  Nice and round too.

Black Gold 6.5's are 6's.  thats a bit naughty

First day out using only Official Sporting, didnt feel, in handling terms feel any different to the F3's ive been using, breaks on all bar the edge on clays do look rather pleasing, so Ive tried them, I like them, and yes will keep using them, 

Latest posts

Back