What Fiocchi?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Punt gun.
World Cups are a lot smoother than they used to be....but a lot of money.

Fblacks (recoil is a perception.) are one of the tightest patterning shells out there.  In either 7.5s or 8.5s, I doubt you'd want for anything else to break stuff at range.  ( I shot an incomer at Orston in the wind the other day on the sportrap with the 8.5s and 3/4 choke that blew well over 100yds.......2 x AAA shots seen me do it but were equally unimpressed because they were doing it as well)

F3 Pistons, break everything out to normal sporting ranges.  In my guns at least I get great even patterns.  Recoil is snappy (to me) and my 2 shells of choice for sporting are the F3's out to 50yds and Fblacks 7.5s for anything further out or edgy.  Fiocchi are also a lot cheaper than anybody else.  I pay just over £200/1000 for both these but I buy 13000 in bulk.

Top 1s or TT1's are a great shell.  My sons favourite.

Official Sporting are a 'slower' recoil with nice even more open patterns than F-blacks.  £221 from my supplier

Golden Traps another smooth shell with the same tight patterning wad as F-Blacks and golden balls if thats your thing.  Do golden balls break more clays.....they do if it gets in your head  :wink:

F3 reds hit hard but give me a bad head.......(many will argue I've not had a good one.....ever)

F3 greens hit midi teals out to 70yds....when you get your barrel selector wrong.

So there you have it.  I've tried them all.  Save a few bob and try a slab of Fiocchi.  They are consistent as well.

i was thinking of one attached to a tank
:lol: :lol: :lol:

3 years ago, I shot World cup Fibres 1oz loads 6 shot at pheasants.......Gave me a headache every time I pulled the trigger!   Pheasants didn't like them either

They are a lot better in plastic than they used to be....to be fair....but definitely still a tad sharp!

F3 Piston...............not tight patterning or punchy, just a fantastic shell. Unfortunately, they are now around £221 but cheap compared to Hulls alternative at £257 ?

Barney, please try a slab and report back! :clover:   
F3 piston cracking cartridge used 1000's ;)

holy crap thats an insane price on the T3 . the T4 arent even that over here . ya i can understand why you dont want to pay that for them 
T3's are coming in at €268 down here with T4's at  €295 I do get them delivered free for that price though ... now when shooting at Lonato I was buying T4 pro extra's for €236 and T3's at €208 make you weep so it would . I bought all the T3's he had left in stock 2.5 k for €520 ... only have 500 left of them ... but the T4's at that price I used them for practice as well :lol:  he did not have any of those left in 28g though .

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if the gurus on here specced a Shootclay cartridge someone such as that George chap would make it? If enough people were interested he could probably to a decent run, say 25,000 split amongst 50 members..

I wonder if the gurus on here specced a Shootclay cartridge someone such as that George chap would make it? If enough people were interested he could probably to a decent run, say 25,000 split amongst 50 members..
Good idea...

I tried it but he showed next to no real interest, doubt he'd get out of bed for 25000, ten times that maybe. 

T3's are coming in at €268 down here with T4's at  €295 I do get them delivered free for that price though ... now when shooting at Lonato I was buying T4 pro extra's for €236 and T3's at €208 make you weep so it would . I bought all the T3's he had left in stock 2.5 k for €520 ... only have 500 left of them ... but the T4's at that price I used them for practice as well :lol:  he did not have any of those left in 28g though .
crazy the difference in prices . i love the T3 but i dont think i could be paying what barney was quoted for them (€282)

thats a great price you got in Lonato . where are you based jwpzx9r , France is it ?

I'd take 10,000..
I can take as many between friends but not without first trying some AND their being cheaper than readily available competition by a sensible margin. He rang me to say he was going to send me a thou to try but that was months ago.  :rolleyes:  It wasn't even meant to be free.

I'd take 500 to see if they Suited me if they were £200 or less and of high standard so essentially saving 30/40/50 per thou, after that I'd take 5,000 (can't store many more) and give the game shells a spin.  

If they turned out to be not too punchy and good quality at £200 a thousand, I could probably take approaching 10k.  I'm in the same corner of the country as Hamid, so I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to arrange a convenient collection point.

Shot 1000's of F3 & F3 Pistons, pleased ? With them, on a whim have just taken 1000 Official Sporting, have used a few of Trap version and from me its a ? Not tried any of the others though know quite a few that have and not really heard anyrhing negative.

Have any of you had quality issues? FBlacks won't allow a friends Blaser to close and I saw a few boxes of F3's today of another chap's supply   with badly formed case heads , poor pressings.

Latest posts

Back