What Fiocchi?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to try some different carts as I have been shooting the same one for a while since starting clays and I want to see if the grass is greener,get bored,want those extra magical hits :D . I tried some tt1s 28g but found those too thumpy I dropped to a 24g load since then. I have had a kickeeze pad fitted also. Now a supplier buy me stocks all fiocchi/ clever mirage so I wanted to try a better version in a 28g again. How do fblacks compare people say they are quite punchy and tight patterning f3 piston? Or maybe a 24g equivalent again something that is smooth and won't break my shoulder I feel I should be shooting a 28g load over a 24g but I've been told a good 24 is as equally good (opening up a can of worms)

kind regards

tom
Get isis recoil reducer fitted shoot what you like you won.t feel any recoil

A bit late to this discussion, however it may be worthwhile to some.  I shoot all flavours of the F3 cart and like them very much, mainly use the piston but use the red ones for edgy or far away targets and the splatty green ones for the closer in stuff.

I had problems with one order of the blue pistons where the brass was slightly out of round which made them a real menace to chamber in the gun.  With a bit of fiddling and turning they mostly all seated fine, but there was an odd one that didn't.  It was a very unwelcome distraction during competitions.

Fiocchi agreed to replace the 4000 carts that I had bought, which they did, and no further issues.

Im sticking with the pistons now I like them alot I did try some fblack aswell as was told they are better past the 45m mark tighter I did find them not as smooth as the piston tho. Tbh theres a guy at my local club that shoots pistons for everything he told me not to bother with an fblack for further out the piston will hit them. Im not that good enough to notice at this stage so im just going to stick with these.?

I've shot Fiocchi for a long time.  Great value and more than competitive with the shinier loads out there.  I've just bought my years supply and moved up to Official Sporting and Golden Traps.  I forgot how good they are.  Against some much more expensive shells these are harder hitting and softer to shoot.  IMO.....just about the best shells out there.  I love shooting them.

Whats the difference between the f3 piston and officials tighter patterns and softer recoil are they as tight as an fblack?

Whats the difference between the f3 piston and officials tighter patterns and softer recoil are they as tight as an fblack?
F3 piston different shorter wad cup supposed to increase size of pattern.....i love them and the bior which have cup at all   :wub:

Fblack and golden use the same wad. They pattern tight. I know as ive patterned them. Officials are slightly more open. F3 pistons more open again. Recoil is a perception thing but IMO..in order of soft recoil,....officials, Golden Traps, Fblacks, f3 green, f3 blue f3 red.

great write up geordieboy it's funny how we all find recoil different I've never shot officials but everyone said they are softer but I shoot pistons and fblacks and I've always found the fblacks not as smooth as the pistons but still not a deal breaker.?

Fblack and golden use the same wad. They pattern tight. I know as ive patterned them. Officials are slightly more open. F3 pistons more open again. Recoil is a perception thing but IMO..in order of soft recoil,....officials, Golden Traps, Fblacks, f3 green, f3 blue f3 red.
I don't think I've ever seen or shot Officials but I'd go along with that order, I personally find FBlack onwards has more recoil than I like. 

Yes....recoil......funny old thing.  Fblacks for me have a faster burning powder and the shot has 'gone' by the time you feel the recoil.  Its a sort of short sharp nudge.  Moving onto officials and GT, they have slower burning powder that accelerates up the barrels so the feeling is more 'push'.  Either way, on Fiocchis website they quantify how much you will feel, but the different powders have different burn characteristics and so 'feel' different'.  All in all though.......I've shot 70yd midi teals with f3 greens and cylinder........getting my barrel selector wrong  :lol:  and I wasn't unhappy with the recoil when I hit it!!!!!   :cool:

I only changed as I wanted a smoother shooting shell.  Nothing wrong with any of the above shells.  F3's pattern brilliantly.  Really great shells.  But I enjoy shooting with the officials much more because I prefer the 'Recoil' of them.  I've patterned these shells (Soz no pics coz I'm a prat), but I can tell you that you'd all be happy with what was on the paper.  Nice round shot (i've cut them up too  ;) ), unlike some other manufacturers with very expensive cardboard boxes round them!

I shoot 8's for 90% of my targets and the 7's (GT's) for long crows, Trap birds (i've seen 8's bounce off trap birds my eyes are that good), long rabbits or edgy targets at range that need tight patterns and bigger balls.  I guess its up to the individual at the end of the day, but my cartridge conundrum has been sorted...........at least until Fiocchi turn out a Mega shell with no recoil and tight patterns out to 200yds anyhow!  :p

With F Blacks, I could handle the recoil, it’s the headache and ringing ears I don’t need. Awful things. Rotten patterns too.

Latest posts

Back