Cheddite Cartridges?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bored now!!!

By the way.......did I tell you already that Abbey won a Gold medal at the World Cup in Italy today?

Now that 'is' worth talking about.

Brilliant shooting Abs.
yeah but its tarps innit - boring :D

its all hamsters fault - he started this shot string drivel.

Last edited:
Leave poor Hamster alone! He's just trying to add a little science to the sport :D

In this day and age it is refreshing someone is thinking about these things before reaching for the popcorn...Nic & Tobi :.: :.:

In the end though you have to obey teacher and just "stop thinking and shoot the f****ng thing"

Funny but when something bores or disinterests me I simply ignore the thread, since I can understand that may not be the case for everyone. You're right Emmsy, this subject is best left alone in the sense that it won't help your cause for hitting more clays. But it is worth understanding the reasons behind that fact.

Could all this theorising be why 1/2 choke is so popular? Half decent pellet density & half decent shot string. :D :D

I thought we were talking about Cheddite?

According to Malmo Guns' Facebook Page their first shipment of Cheddites is already on its way and due into the UK next week. Pricing information to follow.

Cheddites are in stock at Malmo and available for sale as of today!

Prices seem reasonable; especially for the Universal Traps: £158/1000 for 28g plaswads....

Those Trap Oro's look AWESOME!!

Full details on Malmo's Facebook page, I'm sure that their website will be updated shortly :)

Had the chance to finally try the Cheddites out yesterday at the PW Charity shoot. I used a mixture of Universal Traps, Trap Oros and Mach 3's getting great kills across the range. My personal favourites are the UT's and Trap Oros; both are smooth to shoot yet the breaks are cracking. Looking forward to shooting Universal Traps at the Classic next week :)

have been blastin my way through a 1000 of the universal traps and they are a hard hitting cartridge that seem to bust the clays really well has anyone on here tried the more expensive Black shot fibre cartridges?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've shot a few hundred of the Black Shot fibres; they do exactly what they claim to do but I'm perfectly happy with the performance of the UTs so will be sticking with them for the foreseeable future.

I was sent a few Cheddite Universal cartridges by Nicky T in an order for the excellent Muller chokes. The Cheddites were very smooth to shoot, with very little perceived recoil and were very quick into the clay target. The breaks through the Muller chokes were very convincing on a driven and crossing target released from a high tower. I blind tested the Cheddite with a top of the range Fiocchi cartridge and concluded that it offers exceptional performance for the money. The Cheddite Universal 28g shot size 7.5 is a cartridge that I would feel confident shooting through my Beretta/ Muller combination. It is a very attractive proposition at £158 per thousand.

Just reading through and saw this, Can I pick up a thousand Cheddites from somewhere local to me in Herts?

Just reading through and saw this, Can I pick up a thousand Cheddites from somewhere local to me in Herts?
Dude...you could have done today, at Bricketts Wood!

I might get a few thousand down in October if you want to jump in with me. If we meet up, you can try some of mine.

Dam that's 2 miles from ere, but I was Unable to do anything today.

Yep stick me down for a thou, I can sort you out either before or when I collect em mate

Back