Cheapest Clay Cartridges

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the jockers Blue and do they come in a clear packet? I am sure I used these on Sunday. 

Are the jockers Blue and do they come in a clear packet? I am sure I used these on Sunday. 
The are blue and they do come in a plastic bag, which they see as an better option that cardboard boxes. However there may be others who do the same?

I was only going by the Clarks of Walsham website. - RC Jockers plastic wad 28gram 71/2 shot. Sorry no good at links, but its there to see.
Interesting either there has been a take over or Clarks are mistaken. Interestingly Jocker use Fiocchi componentry for their cartridges ... unless of course they have changed.

They do come in plastic bags of 25. The case varies in colour depending on what's available. Had some blue, green and turcoise.  And some 24Grm in shocking pink and red. 

If that's the case I shot with them on Sunday and they seemed fine to me 

No not really, but I've shot hull cartridges at catton hall a few times and I can't notice any difference between them.
You will not notice any difference in any cartridge unless its a bigger load, It takes a few years experience and a few thou of bangs to learn.

If your Dad ( wesley)  :lol: can take you to the fish one day let my know I have some shells for you to try  :rolleyes:

You will not notice any difference in any cartridge unless its a bigger load, It takes a few years experience and a few thou of bangs to learn.

If your Dad ( wesley)  :lol: can take you to the fish one day let my know I have some shells for you to try  :rolleyes:
Westley!  :angel:  ?

I did shoot a couple of 24g load I didn't think there would be much difference but I could definitely notice the recoil 

Every single time that I have the gun in the correct place when I pull the trigger the clay breaks. Cannot get better than that.
I know what ur saying but some are still nicer than others . For instance id rather dowse my gun in petrol and set it on fire than shoot Fiocchi TT one through it. I despise them. In every possible way . If i got them for free id strap some C4 to them and watch it go boom etc u get the idea . Other cartridges of the same price i find perfectly acceptable though

Many years ago I was sponsored by RC Cartridges , still to this day I receive a Christmas card from them . The only reason I stopped using them was the British importer  was not very active.

Recently I emailed Gamebore , Hull, and Eley for a quotation to supply 20,000 12G, 20G & 28g cartriges (60,000 in total) to date I have not received a reply from any of them. It certainly looks like I will be spending Euro's not Pounds.

Many years ago I was sponsored by RC Cartridges , still to this day I receive a Christmas card from them . The only reason I stopped using them was the British importer  was not very active.

Recently I emailed Gamebore , Hull, and Eley for a quotation to supply 20,000 12G, 20G & 28g cartriges (60,000 in total) to date I have not received a reply from any of them. It certainly looks like I will be spending Euro's not Pounds.
What a disgrace these companies are, the absolute least they should do is have someone e-mail back explaining their policy is to deal via dealers only or whatever. 

I know what ur saying but some are still nicer than others . For instance id rather dowse my gun in petrol and set it on fire than shoot Fiocchi TT one through it. I despise them. In every possible way . If i got them for free id strap some C4 to them and watch it go boom etc u get the idea . Other cartridges of the same price i find perfectly acceptable though
I was about to but a few thousand of these, why do you hate them so much?

I can't seem to find anything cheap in my area and justcartridges seem expensive even without postage added on.

Every single time that I have the gun in the correct place when I pull the trigger the clay breaks. Cannot get better than that.
I used LA28 on Friday last and they broke the clays brilliantly. The problem, as I see it, when it comes to budget cartridges is that some shooters are so fragile in their own mind that they rely on the assurance of quality and that an expensive cartridge is what is required. I on the other hand know that it is impossible to break that target unless you get the shot load on to it so cartridge cost is less important to me as long as the recoil characteristics are acceptable.

I have said it god knows how many times but it is simple enough if using an expensive cartridge gives you confidence then that is a good enough reason to buy them... but I really do doubt that you would score less using a cheaper cartridge. No cartridge manufacturer gives any guarantee that their most expensive cartridge will break more targets than their cheapest, although they will tell you what a truly great shot can do with them ... strangely they never tell you what a truly great shot can do with their cheapest cartridges.. funny that. 

I have bought the same because of price,the recoil is so bad it has started to make me flinch when shooting.Have shot game loads up 36g no problem.Shoot b525 sporter so the gun is not a light weight esp with adjustable stock,but the recoil is harsh to say the least.These are fibre ones not plastic.

Out of interest what is it about them that you dislike so much?

The plastic are much smoother.the  Mrs can shoot the 28grm plas no probs.

The plastic are much smoother.the  Mrs can shoot the 28grm plas no probs.
I will try plastic on next purchase,because fibre is not nice.Even a friend put a few through his gun and got a slap for it.Lifting his head off the stock,anticipation the felt recoil.

Whats this about?

I know people that find them ok but anytime i use them i only chip clays and i miss way more than i normally do using them. They were the first cartridge inused when i started shooting and i thought they were grand and it was me that was missing everything . And i know it was but as soon as i switched to another cartridge my scores shot up. 

Even now where missing 4 or 5 out of 100 would be a bad day if i use them i end up missing loads with them. I know its probably all in my head and maybe they are just a very slow cartridge or something but i wont use them anymore

Back