Cesar Guerini - Would you?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like the way forward Finners, getting a left handed gun must be an improvement for you or could you have a left cast put on yours? worth an ask maybe.... :hunter:

Sounds like the way forward Finners, getting a left handed gun must be an improvement for you or could you have a left cast put on yours? worth an ask maybe.... :hunter:
Not keen on bending the gun. It would cost a packet - the gun has the horrid polyurethane finish, so it would involve a total refinish as well as the bending. Plus, there's a risk it could weaken or actually crack the stock AND it would ruin the guns value.  So if the gun fits well enough, I'll keep it. Otherwise it's a swapper. 

Nice guns, very good VFM and throw great patterns. Loads of gun snobs will turn their noses up at you and regale you with tales of un reliability etc.. but more out of ignorance, old wives tales rather than hard experience. Mine sits proudly alongside a Perazzi 2000S and a DT10 in the cabinet and makes me smile every time I pick it up(I'm Welsh you see and just like pretty guns and loads of bang for my buck).

MM

PS buy second hand if you can and grab a real bargain!
If second hands are bargains that also reads low resale value.  And what is the reason for that?  I don't have any answers on that , just askin'.

Personally I feel no need for something less than what I already shoot.  But that could just be me.

"Not keen on bending the gun. It would cost a packet"

Not so sure about that mate. I know of people who swear by this guy Chris in the link below. He uses a series of heat lamps. Even well respected gun dealers I know have called him a genius !

Must at least be worth the cost of a phone call ?

http://sites.cpsa.co.uk/essex/gunsmithing

Good luck

"Not keen on bending the gun. It would cost a packet"

Not so sure about that mate. I know of people who swear by this guy Chris in the link below. He uses a series of heat lamps. Even well respected gun dealers I know have called him a genius !

Must at least be worth the cost of a phone call ?

http://sites.cpsa.co.uk/essex/gunsmithing

Good luck
This is the man that altered the hieght of the comb on my mircuckoo buy bending it with heat lamps,done it while i waited,at a fitting session at Francis Lovells.

I have to admit my absolute preference (if I do end up swapping) would be for a fixed choke that I would then get teagued - the long internal types naturally.

But I suspect I will end up with a factory M/C as this could all get a bit too expensive otherwise.
Just as well then that you can get off the shelf flush fit teagues to fit CG's.....

If second hands are bargains that also reads low resale value.  And what is the reason for that?  I don't have any answers on that , just askin'.

Personally I feel no need for something less than what I already shoot.  But that could just be me.
It's not at all unsusual for used products to represent better value than new. Just ask Tinkerbell, who was saying pretty much the same thing just a few days ago.

Anyway, the depreciation (in value) of a product is not a simple matter, and can be influenced by all sorts of factors. One of which is the general perception of the product. In the UK, the brand of Skoda is an example of how this can change over time.  Skoda was once a poorly perceived product, now vastly improved, both in perceived and actual quality. Despite this, it's a brand that is still viewed in some quarters as a 2nd rate product.

Those who know different benefit from the attractive deals available.

As usual, Caesar Guerinis have come under attack from a few... "They fall to bits"... "They won't last"... Etc, etc...

I know plenty of people who own Beretta's, Perazzi''s etc that all have their moments when things go wrong, as I'm sure with CG too, things go wrong on the odd occasion... I did see a Bently being pulled onto the back of an AA lorry a couple of weeks ago!!

Since we have changed to shooting CG we have both found them such a forgiving gun to shoot, they handle much better than anything else I've shot (yes I know I'm paid hundreds of thousands every year to say this) but don't knock it until you've tried it.

As far as value for money go, Guerinis most expensive model comes in at around £6,500, which I believe you can hardly buy a budget model P gun or K gun for, so unless you got money to burn and drive round in a Range Rover Sport over finch then they're a great value gun, with a very deep product range.

As far as Essex Sporters go, yes they're discontinuing that particular model now, as more newer models like the Magnus Sporters have been unveiled, so we do have a 32" Essex Sporter ex demo model for sale if anybody is after that particular model. If so, give me a call 07734 200280. Happy shooting!!!

Just to add my two penneth.

CG have been around for a while now and apart from a small issue with choke seizure on the early models (quickly rectified at no cost to customers) I am nor aware of any reliability or wear issues. I have an Italian made gun that was essentially made from the same parts from the 'Brescia Co-Operative ' as Guerini's were initially assembled from, that gun is still going strong today after over twenty years of sterling service.

My only observation is that true L/H Guerini's are rare, I did get my hands on one a year ago but it was re-possessed by a young man who is paid hundreds of thousands of £'s to promote them. You would think he was better mannered than to rob a pensioner, but I don't blame him at all , I blame his wife's lack of control.

As usual, Caesar Guerinis have come under attack from a few... "They fall to bits"... "They won't last"... Etc, etc...

I know plenty of people who own Beretta's, Perazzi''s etc that all have their moments when things go wrong, as I'm sure with CG too, things go wrong on the odd occasion... I did see a Bently being pulled onto the back of an AA lorry a couple of weeks ago!!

Since we have changed to shooting CG we have both found them such a forgiving gun to shoot, they handle much better than anything else I've shot (yes I know I'm paid hundreds of thousands every year to say this) but don't knock it until you've tried it.

As far as value for money go, Guerinis most expensive model comes in at around £6,500, which I believe you can hardly buy a budget model P gun or K gun for, so unless you got money to burn and drive round in a Range Rover Sport over finch then they're a great value gun, with a very deep product range.

As far as Essex Sporters go, yes they're discontinuing that particular model now, as more newer models like the Magnus Sporters have been unveiled, so we do have a 32" Essex Sporter ex demo model for sale if anybody is after that particular model. If so, give me a call 07734 200280. Happy shooting!!!
I purchased a brand new 32" Caesar Guerini Summit  in February 2007 having paid £1495.00 for this. At that time there were a lot of negativity about Guerini' s which I have to admit made me somewhat apprehensive particularly as I had been shooting a Beretta for several years, that being said after having a go with a demo gun I was so impressed with how it handled I purchased one despite the negative critique. As Richard rightly states they are forgiving and handle really well.

I have mentioned several times on this forum  that I have never had a single issue with my gun during the past seven Years or converting years to usage, circa 30,000 shells.

I have received positive feedback on many occasions as to the quality of kills and often get asked what make my gun actually is, on one occasion a Kreighoff user actually asked if he could have a go. After doing so he commented how nicely the gun handled. I would urge anyone that have never tried a Gueirini to give them a go / demo - I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised, I'm not paid or sponsored just giving you a very honest opinion, I am delighted with my Summit & I wouldn't change brand even if I could afford to.

Thought I would add that whilst shooting at Garlands today some one commented to my mate "Neil shoots that Perazzi well doesn't he" he was duly informed that it was a CG, also whilst at Garlands I also noticed several folk shooting the Summit Ascent...... hmmmm very tempted  :hunter:

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate good advice and honest opinions. But as I  don't drive a Range Rover Sport Overfinch, I really do love a good bargain :good:  

I had a Guerini Maxum 32" 20 + 28g gun for several years and really liked it. It shot really well.

It was only sold thru' lack of use (moved back to a 12 for high pheasants).

I received more for the gun as a trade sale than I paid for it.

I'm told the new owner has had the gun cast off (LH) and is delighted with it. 

Latest posts

Back