Cesar Guerini - Would you?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I would and I have.
Best thing I've done with my shooting bar lessons with Ed.
Had it fitted by Ed and modified by Malcom Jenkins.
Loving it on clays and game.

Highly recommended.

not again! we've had 4 in the family over the last 3 years and they just aren't a Perazzi !  no offence to anyone who has one .

If your budget is 3k you could get a very good DT10 for that or a new 682

just saying

"Would you buy (with your own hard earned) a Caesar Guerini"

Simples ! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . YES, YES, YES !

Nicest looking, and softest shooting gun I have ever owned, and believe me that includes K-guns and P-guns in the past.

​You could pick ANY manufacturer and somebody will claim to have had a nightmare with it. Mostly people knock CG's out of misinformation based on old stories. They are a much different animal these days.

Just look how successful the company is right now in USA, and the yanks aren't shy in telling it how it is ???

If your budget is 3k you could get a very good DT10 for that or a new 682

just saying
DT10 maybe, but I wouldn't go for the 682 or 692. £3k would get you a very nice maxum, and IMO think it can hold its own, even against kemen's and perazzi's.

Mines a 32" Maxum and you'd be hard pressed to find fault with it, full stop. Lovely wood, side plates, nice balance, well screwed together and very pretty engraving. Oh, the best bit is it didn't cost anything like £3k.

MM

Last edited by a moderator:
Softest shooting shotgun I have ever shot and that includes semi's think as usual the snobbery has raised its ugly head :crazy:  seems to be an issue regarding build quality in some peoples eyes  its like a fun game on here put out  the right  bait and wait for the bite and BINGO we have a winner :haha:    and as for the DT10 Matt get a good one that suits and you will have a world beater and any match for a perazzi but choose the wrong one and your be selling in a month.

Not really interested in the willy waving. Just want honest views and opinions :good:  

As for the 692, I have looked at one and did not like it. 

Just to save people time in future :

Sub £1k G1 used Miroku or Beretta 

Sub £2k see above or new Miroku, used CG

Sub £3k new Beretta 682E or 692 or used DT10, new CG, used Blaser

Sub £4k superb used DT10, new CG, used Perazzi, good Blaser

Sub £5k tired K80, good Perazzi, good Kemen, good Blaser, excellent DT11

Between £5k and £10k almost anything good used or new

Over £10k K80, Blaser Dragon

None will be the softest recoiling gun ever, that depends on gun weight, shell speed, pad, fit and a few things besides. All will have at some time let some people down or for whatever reason not gelled with them who will then proceed to not recommend them as if the fact they couldn't shoot it was the guns fault.

None will appreciate in value if bought new unless you live to be 120. Few will lose more than a few hundred quid if bought used. If aimed straight all will soon owe you nothing. Buy whatever you fancy, shoot it and enjoy the experience even if you end up parting company, I have.

Would you really expect a £2-3k gun to compare with a Perazzi??
Finners I have never paid big money for a Perazzi honest. But I never buy new ones, I like used ones....you can pick up some great deals on MK8's.

As most will know I've been involved with CG for about 7 years and I am amazed at their commitment to continually improving the brand and their products, they unveil new models so fast that they have probably had more major launches in the last 5 years than most of the rest of the industry put together. Was out at the factory in late November and although I cant reveal much they are working on some VERY clever stuff so expect some more new things to be unveiled at the Shooting show this year...... ;)

one of our 4 Perazzi's is one we bought last summer was a used MX8 it was in superb condition for £3500 consider that against a brand new Maxum @ 3k+ = a no brainer in my opinion 

All I can suggest is to try before you buy and you will find the one that feels great for you.

The C&G are nice guns and Richard has shown just what they can do.....if you put it in the right place :wink:

All I can suggest is to try before you buy and you will find the one that feels great for you.

The C&G are nice guns and Richard has shown just what they can do.....if you put it in the right place :wink:
Ha ha certainly not expecting to shoot like Mr Faulds. But I do intend to follow your words of wisdom, thank you. 

one of our 4 Perazzi's is one we bought last summer was a used MX8 it was in superb condition for £3500 consider that against a brand new Maxum @ 3k+ = a no brainer in my opinion 
I don't know enough about either brand to make any realistic value judgement. But my original question was "would you?" So I'm guessing you wouldn't then eh?  :sarcastic:

"Four" wow you must be well rich :king:

Agreed I would go with the Maxum too - a great gun with warranty  :hunter:

Latest posts

Back