Big Teal

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course it's lucky at that distance the pattern is pretty much non existant....that's undeniable!!! Pretty sure the original post was stating that it is impossible....we just wanted to prove it wasn't! I can't see anyone hitting it with any consistency at that range.....however that doesnt mean it can't be done and I take my hat of to anyone who can!
Fair point

Well here we are folks... 131.5 yds teal today.

zwgq3k.jpg

The trap was against the trees / hill right at the back, just past the tiny white marker for another trap back there. 

It was measured.

Is that RF's regular gun ? It seems to have almost a straight hand grip with next to no recoil pad ! 

For those that have not read all the thread....It was a game gun......Richard did not have his main gun there.....so he thought......'well that will do'....just goes to show.....if you put it in the right place.......

Or it proves the point it matters not a jot what you use !  :hi:

I love it......

ah hahahahahahahahahahahaha

well .....'bloody well done' would have sounded better.....just saying...!

but that is sporting shooters for you......slow to congratulate a major feat.

No baseball bats were anywhere near 'this' challenge....just saying...true story..! :wink:

Wow..just shows you what talent Richard has, I will still work on breaking that 20 yard teal!

Well, this is not groundhog day but I think we can finally put to bed the myth that is the 100 yard teal. It is impossible - at least with full choke and 42gms. No.4 shot anyway. A number of people tried today, some useful shots, and not one of them hit the target at a measured 100 yards. It was at 75 yards before it could be broken with any kind of regularity - i.e.. one shot in four. So there we have it, proven, done and dusted. It is impossible.

Not convinced, sorry. 

So seeing evidence of it being done isn't sufficient to convince you? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Teixm6JMw_k

Add to that the above reported 131.5m shots witnessed at Owls' Lodge today...? Still not enough?

Sorry Ian, but I'm with John Maynard Keynes on this.

When the facts change, I change my mind, sir; why, what do you do?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say that I am very happy for the information that has been forthcoming today and very pleased that the two individuals concerned have been so successful in breaking a target at that distance. As an aside my only observation would be that a great number of people shot the teal at Wylye last week and the majority of them paid for the clays and the cartridges used.

So, we move on.

"As an aside my only observation would be that a great number of people shot the teal at Wylye last week and the majority of them paid for the clays and the cartridges used."

With the greatest respect Ian...I am a little lost with that post?

I think he is saying (as a miserable Yarkshire Git) that he charged all the people at his ground who tried this challenge......no freebies given out.

Ian.......On another subject.....I met two very nice chaps at Owls Lodge yesterday, who had come on a rekkie to see what Owls Lodge was like. They and their 6 pals normally shoot at Wylye and were looking for a replacement ground now it is closing. I sat in the sun having a coffee and a chat with them for ages, i like to chat and make people welcome, it s such a fab clubhouse and sitting on the terrace is beautiful on a such a brilliant day. They were really nice people and chatted a lot about different sporting stands.

I then fancied some sporting after them talking about it so I invaded another group going around the stands....another group of lovely people....who were great with me....and I actually hit some :wink:

Brilliant Brilliant day. Always find really nice friendly shooters at Owls Lodge and the staff are brilliant.

I'm really pleased for you Nic. That promo will certainly help Richard along and it won't do you any harm either.

I'm really pleased for you Nic. That promo will certainly help Richard along and it won't do you any harm either.
What are you on about....you strange man.

When does reporting a fact become a promo...?? Are you really that jealous that you could not do it or those at your 'ground' could not do it. I do hope that you keep trying when you find another one.

131.5 yds was shot ....twice...!! FACT.

Owls Lodge run a great friendly ground.......!! FACT

Lots of people like shooting there (including me as it is the nearest...yet does not have my own discipline).....!! FACT

Not sure how saying that I missed this teal......will benefit me...?? You will have to explain that one.

What exactly is the point to your post.....come on man....man up and say clearly what you are hinting at.

For those who do not know Wylye's ways on here.....I had better issue the following disclaimer.

1. I do not own any part of Owls Lodge.....I just enjoy shooting there. Just like I love shooting at A1.

2. Who ever asked above (cannot see from iPhone).......no I am not Tanya.....she is the very pretty thin glamorous one. (I am the fat old one who is some times shooting there)

3. I do not work at Owls Lodge. (If fact Ian....I do not have to work at all since selling the Engineering Company....although I still choose to do so in various little things that give me pleasure :wink: )

4. I pay for all my shooting when at Owls ...A1....or where ever else I shoot.

5. However.....I did not pay for my 6 goes at the teal....i forgot in all the excitement...but I did try.....because i went back in to offer.

Hope that help for those that do not know Ian's little ways.....he is know for them....

For FACT sake I'm going to summarise the relevance of Big Teal. 

Yes it is possible to hit and break a looooooooong clay with bigger than usual pellets such as 5's.

It is largely luck and falls well below the real achievements of men such as RF and GD.

RF is a nice bloke, so is his ground.

Wylye is a nice bloke, so is his ground.

If you can pull the trigger of a gun I can personally coach you to the standard necessary to achieve these feats.

Good and there we are.....the dance is full circle...and everyone now agrees....with all those who already knew......

A 130 yd teal.....It can be done.....simples

As for the coaching comment above............................i am sure you can........ ah hahahhahahahaha....if you were offering free...haahahahaha

Now then.....we know that 155yds has been done as well....so what is next.....?

Back