Big Teal

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ian are you saying the world record is a sham? Or it must have been measured with dodgy measuring equipment?

Emmsy said:
id rather have a go at a 100yd crossing chondel / battue, as i think that would be easier to break personally.
anyone fancy putting one on?? i think the up down teal just has too much variation.

I can put this on ..... the only difference with the target you have requested at 70 meters looks small I've never tried it but definitely up for trying...... Have to wait for game season to pass and I will arrange a ex stream target day.......

well those that have done it before should have no problem doing it again in a proven measured environment.....so lets do it! I suggest that someone arranges a 130 yard teal challenge.....

Ian, perhaps you could run it at as a side event on the 29th? maybe £500 for anyone who can break more than 6 in a row with £15 entry and £5 into the prize fund? I have a feeling you will go home with an unclaimed high gun prize if you do......kerching!

Or you could arrange it at Grange......where it has already been done.....just thinking.. :wink:

well those that have done it before should have no problem doing it again in a proven measured environment.....so lets do it! I suggest that someone arranges a 130 yard teal challenge.....

Ian, perhaps you could run it at as a side event on the 29th? maybe £500 for anyone who can break more than 6 in a row with £15 entry and £5 into the prize fund? I have a feeling you will go home with an unclaimed high gun prize if you do......kerching!

If wind blowing like today you would struggle at 70yards...... It's a summer event ......

Not convinced, sorry. 
Don't want to keep reminding everyone, but I have seen G.D. do this myself. Yes, it was measured, yes, it was a straight up and down teal, and it was a hot day.

However, there were other well known names having a go at it but dropped out before getting to the 100 yard mark, except one Mickey Rouse. Perhaps someone should ask him about it?

Remind him it was at John Woolley's shoot out on the Marsh towards The Isle of Grain in about 1989 (They were good then too!)

32g was the standard load then I think and G.D. was using Kent Cartridge 7 1/2's. Not sure about Mickey as he lost the shoot off.

He used a Beretta 682 too (his long one as he carried a short one aswell - before proper multichokes!).  I was the Scorer.  :nyam:

Ian are you saying the world record is a sham? Or it must have been measured with dodgy measuring equipment?
No it isn't, it did happen but it's more luck than anything. Ballistics say to even hit it takes enormous luck, to break it takes even more luck. If you set up a clay at 145 yards and spent a day firing no 3 shot at it you will eventually luck into a break but I wouldn't call you a world record breaker because of it.

:fie:  Ian, after all that I taught you about clay shooting WHY? do you not spell CHANDELLE properly ?  its not bloody chondell, thats the way its pronounced and thats how the bloody Yanks spell it. :fie:   :fie:   :fie:   :fie:   :fie:   :fie:   :fie:

:fie:  Ian, after all that I taught you about clay shooting WHY? do you not spell CHANDELLE properly ?  its not bloody chondell, thats the way its pronounced and thats how the bloody Yanks spell it. :fie:   :fie:   :fie:   :fie:   :fie:   :fie:   :fie:
My favourite is Raphael target presentation. Two ninja turtles in the air at once. :)

:fie:  Clever SC3, Raphael is   RAFALE another French word!  I bloody despair of all these so called FITASC shooters! :fie:   :fie:   :fie:  

No it isn't, it did happen but it's more luck than anything. Ballistics say to even hit it takes enormous luck, to break it takes even more luck. If you set up a clay at 145 yards and spent a day firing no 3 shot at it you will eventually luck into a break but I wouldn't call you a world record breaker because of it.
Surprising how lucky George is then!

The more he shoots at them the luckier he gets!  :sarcastic:

+1

I was going to say same :laugh: but thought better of it. Sad thing is that several trap manufactures all spell it that way as well (modern day shooters huh!)

Pete Best had it described best (abroad) when a first time GBR cap during the menu description by 'the Prussian' (a German ref who prided himself on speaking several languages)....asked 'What is a Chandelle'......Pete replied 'its a F*#cking Teal'.......ref heard it as F*#ckingteal....and for the rest of the day....when anyone who spoke English....was on the squad....he proudly described 'now we have the F*#ckingteal'.....

The Yanks put a complaint in :laugh:

Psssssst I am now in ninja mode.....message to all other ninjas.....

Ignore some of the sillier stuff talked on this thread.....100 yds can be done....a Rafale and Chandelle do exist....and are now spelt correctly :wink:

(Some people on here do not shoot game or vermin over 40 yds.....and some of us don't even consider it a good bird until it is over 40 meters.....just saying..!)

Just because someone has only seen people fail....or has head in ballistic books and not actually tried it...........does not mean that it has not happened......true story..!

Psssssssst Ssssss Don't forget to reply in ninja mode or there may be lots of crying and wailing....and it will be like bloody Jerusalem...!!

Last edited:
Its the way Promatic International spell it Squirrel so who am I to believe? The largest trap manufacturer in the country or some bad-tempered old bloke in deepest Somerset?

Last edited by a moderator:
Psssssst I am now in ninja mode.....message to all other ninjas.....

Ignore some of the sillier stuff talked on this thread.....100 yds can be done....a Rafale and Chandelle do exist....and are now spelt correctly :wink:

(Some people on here do not shoot game or vermin over 40 yds.....and some of us don't even consider it a good bird until it is over 40 meters.....just saying..!)

Just because someone has only seen people fail....or has head in ballistic books and not actually tried it...........does not mean that it has not happened......true story..!

Psssssssst Ssssss Don't forget to reply in ninja mode or there may be lots of crying and wailing....and it will be like bloody Jerusalem...!!
So come on then smart-arse who only shoots 40 metre plus birds. Bring your 34ins barrels and see if you can hit it.

Latest posts

Back