155 Yard Teal

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simbo

BEAT THIS -- A WORLD RECORD ?

AT THE LONDON SHOOTING SHOW ORGANISED BY THE LONDON SHOOTING CLUB OVER THE WEEKEND OF 16/17TH SEPTEMBER AT WEST LONDON SHOOTING GROUND, STEVE JONES ACHIEVED WHAT MAY WELL BE A WORLD RECORD -- AND WITH A PERUGINI & VISINI ELITE AND ELEY CARTRIDGES. THE WLSG HAD SET UP A CHALLENGE TO SHOOT THE LONGEST TARGET POSSIBLE BY PRESENTING A TEAL TYPE TARGET STARTING AT 75 YARDS. THE CHALLENGE WAS OBVIOUSLY TO MOVE BACKWARDS TO THEIR LONGEST MARK WHICH WAS 135 YARDS, A DISTANCE WHICH MANY SHOOTERS WILL CONTEST. HOWEVER, THAT WAS NOT FAR ENOUGH FOR STEVE AND THE ELITE. SOME SHOOTERS HAVING REACHED THE 135 MARK WITNESSED STEVE AS HE MOVED FURTHER BACKWARDS UNTIL HE REACHED 155 YARDS. HIS SECOND SHOT AT THIS RANGE BROKE THE TARGET TO EVERYONES AMAZEMENT AND HE NOW HOLDS THE RECORD FOR THE LONGEST TARGET ON THE DAY AND POSSIBLY, A WORLD RECORD TOO.

THIS AMAZING SHOT WAS WITNESSED BY MANY SHOOTERS ATTENDING AND THE DISTANCE WAS ACCURATELY MEASURED BY WLSG USING AN ELECTRONIC SYSTEM AS WELL AS TAPE MEASURES. THE WIND WAS BLOWING THE TARGET AWAY FROM THE SHOOTER AND THE TRAP WAS POSITIONED AT 135 YARDS FROM THE LAST SHOOTING STAND.

A WORLD RECORD ?? I AM SURE WE WILL HEAR A FEW COMMENTS THERE.

ACHIEVED WITH A P & V ELITE AND ELEY CARTRIDGES. CONGRATULATIONS TO STEVE JONES.

There is a thread on shootclay somewhere, about it being done at grange farm,as a pool shoot,cant remember the distance,but it was big.

Understanding how shot gun cartridges and patterns work makes it hard to see it as a massive achievement, sorry. 

surely 155 yards is a exception not the rule ,    most guns I have ever owned  are good to about 45 yards after that  luck must play a part .!     lots of factors come in to play . but if I sat a standard clay belly up stationary  in a safe shootable  position  would you hit ten out of ten  ?   this can be tested if you fancy a go .  :???:  

um, wonder how much hold over would be needed and how affected by wind. ??

bung a parralax adjustable scope on yer o/u and range it out ?

I once hit one about 120 yards out and surprisingly good break....shot about 10 foot under it as it reached its peak.

it was the first shot and i did not try again as you can only be lucky so often :smile:

Podimore puts 3of them on most sorting shoots ! :cool:
Not this Sunday though Cyril although most people seemed to be missing the 30 ish yard away one on stand 8 was it ?

I'd love to see the dent a no.5 shot makes in cardboard. 
BB,s would not make dents, just go through with some force at 155 yards !

At my local shoot somebody got hit at nearly 300 yards and it penetrated the skin !

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some very large sheets of cardboard at work I will give it a try. What do you think the drop will be at 155 yards?  3 to 4 ft or more.
More like 6 i guess, let us know how it goes :wink:

most guns I have ever owned  are good to about 45 yards after that  luck must play a part
I believe a good shot can consistently hit a 60-70 yard clay, with half choke and a quality 28g cartridge in 7's or 8's

155 lazered vertical real at grange farm :)

past 100 yards results get pretty patchy

Latest posts

Back