Big Teal

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually me toooooo.......I am shouting 'Ouch' as we type....!

Last edited:
Hammy,

I think it is time to stop proclaiming your theories,  as you are now beginning to talk drivel. The good Doctor who has done a lot of research is Dr. Andrew Jones, who by his own admittance does not know all the answers and his research is ongoing.

The flight of a shot load is not teardrop in profile , it is cigar shaped. Teardrop or Egg shape  is the theoretical perfect aerodynamic shape.

Secondly I think I will always struggle to calculate the effect of a shot load that decelerates over a distance of 100+ yards whilst shooting at a clay that maintains its speed of 75mph as theorised by jwpzx9r.

I congratulate George, Richard, Chris, Ed, Adam and everyone who has enjoyed the challenge of shooting long range targets, if it is enjoyable do it .

But for goodness sake let's not fall out over it.

At Weston Park two weeks ago I broke 150 black standards clays over a distance of 4.6 miles. 

Its like one big happy family on here it reminds me of growing up with two brothers always fighting and arguing :tommy:   oh and not to forget a bossy annoying big sister :girlmad:  :True story...

Last edited by a moderator:
If people put as much focus into shooting as they do about writing and number crunching there would be a lot more 130 yard birds broke.

Actually I'd have no work.

Carry on typing lads

If people put as much focus into shooting as they do about writing and number crunching there would be a lot more 130 yard birds broke.

Actually I'd have no work.

Carry on typing lads
You have not coached me yet Ed you may change your mind after :hunter:

I now want to die...
Now Ed... if you are going to top yourself don't use a shotgun ... but if you do remember the shot string effect and the laws of diminishing returns, I also think Avogadro's number is significant and remember E=MC2. However if you are really going to put the lights out try this. Bounce up and down on a trampoline about... no exactly 135 yards from the shotgun you have fixed in your workmate at the trajectory you have calculated will hit the target.. you! Then pull the string you have attached to the trigger at the appropriate time . If you have worked out everything correctly .................... :) Don't worry you can't do it and if you did hit yourself you would only be mildly peppered !

Its like one big happy family on here it reminds me of growing up with two brothers always fighting and arguing :tommy:   oh and not to forget a bossy annoying big sister :girlmad:  :True story...

Shaun that made me laugh because my brother's and myself do argue about sh*te like this and we are 57,65 and 67 years old... no big sister though! I love this place!! Usually about the merits of old bikes verses new and Triumph vs BSA or Japanese vs Brit/Italian

Last edited by a moderator:
Hammy,

I think it is time to stop proclaiming your theories, as you are now beginning to talk drivel. The good Doctor who has done a lot of research is Dr. Andrew Jones, who by his own admittance does not know all the answers and his research is ongoing.

The flight of a shot load is not teardrop in profile , it is cigar shaped. Teardrop or Egg shape is the theoretical perfect aerodynamic shape.

Secondly I think I will always struggle to calculate the effect of a shot load that decelerates over a distance of 100+ yards whilst shooting at a clay that maintains its speed of 75mph as theorised by jwpzx9r.

I congratulate George, Richard, Chris, Ed, Adam and everyone who has enjoyed the challenge of shooting long range targets, if it is enjoyable do it .

But for goodness sake let's not fall out over it.

At Weston Park two weeks ago I broke 150 black standards clays over a distance of 4.6 miles.
i like theorys there interesting and can lead to conclusion.

Oooh am i one of the brothers?????

Please ...please...

And at 20 yds.....one of those new close range pesky FITASC ones that no one in the UK can hit as they are soooo close. :wink:

Latest posts

Back