At what point does a instructor become a coach?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember, most people think that hydrogen and helium are the most abundant elements in the universe. This is not necessarily correct, its free advice at a gun club. All well intentioned, but not always correct.
Frank Zappa said that stupid is the most common element in the cosmos.  Never seen any evidence to the contrary

We have no problem with semis, over/under or side/side !!! ;-)

Almost every Saturday we're booked up with several novice groups, trying clay shooting for the first time (basic English sporting targets). These groups want to break clays in a safe and fun environment - we require a qualified instructor for this purpose, not a shooting coach!
Yes. It is all about horses for courses.

I would love to be able to shoot 10k per week it would be heavenly.

Everyone of us would improve with such training of that there is no doubt in my mind. The reality is few of us are able to.
I think the important words are "be able to"! Its one thing being able to and entirely another to "have to" no wakening up in the morning and saying you know what I am having the day off. It means you just cannot have a day you don't feel like doing your 30 rounds ...if double trap or 45 ish if just OT or again 30 if you shoot the bits with every target! No sorry it takes a very special person to shoot 30 rounds of trap EVERY day of the week for X years. Its sounds good but most people would tire of it very, very quickly. I loved my work very much but there were days when it was not what I wanted to do. Shooting 10k of shells per week is going to work and most will get just as fed up shooting as they would going out to work every day... cue those telling me its some sort of utopia.

In all fairness Peter Wilson wouldn't have shot 10k per week throughout his training period, in his interview he hinted that leading up to the games he did on occasion shoot up to 3k per day; there are very very few people who could physically cope with that amount of fatigue, prolly none with 28g.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back