Anyone into RC? 8th or 5th scale?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeet UK

Greetings...on the off chance.

If anyone is into RC cars, Nittro, Petrol etc or anything...I am possibly after some noob advice.

Cheers

I'm just thinking about getting a 1/th or 1/5th scale petrol jobbie...I don't know if you have seen the Losi 5T, but I did and I can't stop thinking about them now! :)

But I haven't played with RC for about 20 years...so...

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it could cost as much as shotgunning and take a lot of time away from that!

Is that what you really want?

Not the same as driving one yourself!

Looks like it could cost as much as shotgunning and take a lot of time away from that!

Is that what you really want?

Not the same as driving one yourself!
Well...I can't always be shooting...sometimes it rains!  And yes, possibly expensive...but not as much as MotorSport.  Just been talking to a guy, who suggests a good way into MotorSport is the Caterham Accademy.  Give them £18k, they give you a car, get you your race licence and let you into two races per weekend for a year...after that you have the car and pay your own way if you want to continue racing.

Check this out.  Look at the quality.  How many toy cars could you do this too, over and over and over...and the SIZE OF IT!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huUoULa17Yo

If it floats your boat then do it.

My Dad was hooked for a few years but I think it was as much about building the planes as flying them with him.

He built a scale twin engined American Martin Baltimore bomber that he flew in the war amongst other things as a ferry pilot in Africa and the Middle East.

Latest posts

Back