Try before you buy

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermit

Morning folks,

I'm keen to look at upgrading my shotgun to a 694 or possibly DT11 but before I get carried away and head off with a bag of cash, does anyone have any recommendations on where I could try these guns?

Whilst I'm sure the obvious response is a local shooting ground, I didn't know if Beretta partnered with certain grounds that hold multiple demo guns in a variety of barrel lengths? I really want to road test different 694s/DT11s in a number of barrel lengths, weights etc over a few hundred clays to determine if I really want to trade in.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
As above, they can also set you up, at extra cost, for a custom stock at the Beretta factory. They sort out everything for you, flights/accommodation/food 

I haven't got a Beretta but went with someone as a guest who had a stock made, and can say they look after you exceptionally well.

Pretty sure Ian Coleys would have both that you could try. They have a comprehensive sporting layout on claymate. 

My friend has purchased a couple of guns from them and he is happy . 

Jasper. 

Morning folks,

I'm keen to look at upgrading my shotgun to a 694 or possibly DT11 but before I get carried away and head off with a bag of cash, does anyone have any recommendations on where I could try these guns?

Whilst I'm sure the obvious response is a local shooting ground, I didn't know if Beretta partnered with certain grounds that hold multiple demo guns in a variety of barrel lengths? I really want to road test different 694s/DT11s in a number of barrel lengths, weights etc over a few hundred clays to determine if I really want to trade in.

Thanks,
Yes, contact Rob Hall at either East Yorkshire SG or the Gun Room (his shop). He has DT11's try guns in various guises. I think he'll be quite happy for you to give them a go. East Yorkshire SG has just about every discipline available, I'm sure you'll get a good idea of what you're after. 

Rob Hall or Premier Guns and you will not go far wrong. I think Premier may be the better one in terms of getting fitted to the gun and testing.

Morning folks,

Thanks,
Barbury & Coleys ( alphabetical order ) have demonstrators of both, lots of grounds have, as for best to go to depends where in country you are really. 

Thanks for all the help and advice folks.

I’m Home Counties so Barbury is a really convenient option for me. In truth, I suspect I’m a way of from taking the plunge but half the fun is trying things out, doing your research and endlessly dreaming of buying a new shotgun, right??

Cheers all,

H

Thanks for all the help and advice folks.

I’m Home Counties so Barbury is a really convenient option for me. In truth, I suspect I’m a way of from taking the plunge but half the fun is trying things out, doing your research and endlessly dreaming of buying a new shotgun, right??

Cheers all,

H
EJ Churchill also. 

Latest posts

Back