692 and GMK

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on my 3rd DT11 in a little over a year all replaced by GMK, I can't fault gmk for there service but in total I was without the gun for half of the time I owned it, Iv only ever bought beretta's and this is the only one that has gave me trouble, I had a 687 for 16years never missed a beat and got more a less what I paid for it when I sold it, just from searching the Internet it seems beretta have let Quality slip and although I love there guns I have to think very strongly before I'd buy another,

I'm on my 3rd DT11 in a little over a year all replaced by GMK, I can't fault gmk for there service but in total I was without the gun for half of the time I owned it, Iv only ever bought beretta's and this is the only one that has gave me trouble, I had a 687 for 16years never missed a beat and got more a less what I paid for it when I sold it, just from searching the Internet it seems beretta have let Quality slip and although I love there guns I have to think very strongly before I'd buy another,
What were the DT11 issues with yours?

The nickel coating coming off the action face on the first gun and pitting in the chamber of the Second

I've had quite a few Beretta's over the years including, 682's, DT10 and DT11. Ive never had issues with the service offered by GMK and never had any real problems with Beretta's either. I did have slight reservations about the patterns thrown by the DT11, but it may just have been me, it certainly shot well enough, but not really any better than my old DT10 did. The DT10 is a VERY hard act to follow!!!

I sold my Beretta 682 gold E with some trepidation as it had never let me down or had a fault that needed rectifying. I bought a CG in the end as the problems with new Beretta guns had put me off and they didn't make the style i was after. Damn shame as I'm a Beretta man really.

I sold my Beretta 682 gold E with some trepidation as it had never let me down or had a fault that needed rectifying. I bought a CG in the end as the problems with new Beretta guns had put me off and they didn't make the style i was after. Damn shame as I'm a Beretta man really.
Do you feel that the CG is better than your old 682 then? Why did you sell the 682, did you just fancy a change?

Blimey, this thread is making Perazzi's look positively reliable (contrary to what some may think)!! Very rarely, if ever, hear of P guns going back to the dealers/importers. Maybe they should sell Beretta's with a spares kit as well. Or maybe a pre-paid returns envelope.

Right, I'm off!

DT

Do you feel that the CG is better than your old 682 then? Why did you sell the 682, did you just fancy a change?
Yes Les i fancied a change and had hoped Beretta were going to produce a modern equivalent of the 682x so i bought a Summit ascent which has a fixed slightly raised rib. As for longevity or better Built than a Beretta i don't know yet, everything seems and feels well built with no real drawbacks compared to my old Beretta. The action looks a bit more workman like than the Beretta. It just doesn't have the same sleek styling.;)

Simon

I to have been waiting for a 682x equivalent. Still waiting.

Yes Les i fancied a change and had hoped Beretta were going to produce a modern equivalent of the 682x so i bought a Summit ascent which has a fixed slightly raised rib. As for longevity or better Built than a Beretta i don't know yet, everything seems and feels well built with no real drawbacks compared to my old Beretta. The action looks a bit more workman like than the Beretta. It just doesn't have the same sleek styling. ;)
Ah....the 682X, I had two of those a long while ago, probably one of the best DTL guns ever made, but for me they never worked that well at the fast stuff, but that was just me. I think Sportsman Gun Centre has one for sale at about £900 as far as I remember, I think mine cost less than that brand new! Those guns were/are bloody bomb proof, one of mine had to have the ejector timing looked at by Gunmark (GMK) , other than that they were both totally faultless. They were heavy by the standards of the day, but these days that sort of weight is pretty normal. Perhaps it was a gun ahead of it's time!

Hmmmmmm

Not a happy bunny :(

Bottom ejector on my new 692 is sticking 50% of the time, after stripping and cleaning 3 times and maybe having 1000+ shells through it i'll take it back 

to the dealers tomorrow.

They said they have managed to sort a few with some polishing so let's see otherwise back to GMK.

Proper pi$$ed off with it.

Hmmmmmm

Bottom ejector on my new 692 is sticking 50% of the time, after stripping and cleaning 3 times and maybe having 1000+ shells through it i'll take it back 

to the dealers tomorrow.

They said they have managed to sort a few with some polishing so let's see otherwise back to GMK.

Hmmmmmm

to the dealers tomorrow.

Mine has gone back to GMK again this week, the dealer and GMK both seem to be unhappy about taking it back a second time but they said they would correct all the faults, but they said that last time. I think it was November I bought the gun and I only got to shoot it the once...

I haven't had the ejector problem yet but I know a few people who have developed problems after a few months use, I suspect I will have the same ejector trouble in due course...

I've bought a ticket for Beretta world now so I hope my gun is usable by July.

Mine has gone back to GMK again this week, the dealer and GMK both seem to be unhappy about taking it back a second time but they said they would correct all the faults, but they said that last time. I think it was November I bought the gun and I only got to shoot it the once...

I haven't had the ejector problem yet but I know a few people who have developed problems after a few months use, I suspect I will have the same ejector trouble in due course...

I've bought a ticket for Beretta world now so I hope my gun is usable by July.
It shot okay the first 100 clays, which was around maybe 5/6 weeks ago.

Then the odd ejection issue but after maybe putting 200 shells weekly through it the problem is at least half the time now.

Very unhappy with it for a new gun, my 682 Gold E never missed a beat.

Hopefully Bamfords can do something tomorrow but i'm sure it'll be going for repair.

Hope you have better luck with yours :(

Bamford won't touch it mate not if it's warranty job. It's back to gmk I am afraid. We never had these problems with Beretta in 80s 90s. Proves a point many of us have said early 682 or 686 spend 200 quid on stock finish and or re black and or service and you have a quality gun with pedigree for a fraction of the cost of a new fangled job.

Bamford won't touch it mate not if it's warranty job. It's back to gmk I am afraid. We never had these problems with Beretta in 80s 90s. Proves a point many of us have said early 682 or 686 spend 200 quid on stock finish and or re black and or service and you have a quality gun with pedigree for a fraction of the cost of a new fangled job.
OR you could be a jammy bugger and pick up a virtually new old 682x requiring 'just a service'.

You will get good reliability, unlike the new ones, but the decision on what chokes to use will still be the same!!!!!! :haha:

I've had a good look at the ejector to see if it's rough or badly machined but can't see anything.
Yep, it'll be back to GMK.

Spoke with them and they said its 10 day turn around, let's see........ .

Last edited by a moderator:
I've shot nothing but Beretta's as my main gun for over 30 years. 56E, 686, 687, 680, and 682. I've had my old 682 Supersport for 23 years and it's never missed a beat. I recently sent it for a service, the first time it's ever been taken apart, and have still to get it back.

I have been considering upgrading to a newer model as the old girl is a little tired, and some may say, outdated. The obvious upgrade is the 692 which I would have been more than happy with, but I'm glad I'm on the forum and reading about all these problems. I have shot a demo 692 and found it very familiar to my gun, but just didn't get on with the overall feel that it was a cheapened version of what has gone before.

I bought a new gun last weekend, but it wasn't a Beretta. Not a decision I took lightly, but certainly not with any regret.

If Mr Beretta or Mr GMK is reading this, I'm afraid that's one sale that's been lost from a previously very loyal customer. No offense, but there are better options and value for money out in the marketplace now, and I have a new gun to be proud of from another manufacturer.

I would not hesitate to buy a Beretta on the secondhand market, but the current manufacture guns will not be entering my cabinet. :biggrin:
Did you get yourself that miroku we talked about mike ?

Back