692 and GMK

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that the SO10? Not exactly done the same way as your Silver Pigeon though. Pretty gun? :biggrin:
I've done a bit of digging and I think it is an SO 10, I though all the SO's had the same cross locking latch as the DT's, where as the latch on the gun in the video wasn't. The SO10 has a central longitudinal latch in the centre of the two barrels to create a noiseless easy opening latch.

I've done a bit of digging and I think it is an SO 10, I though all the SO's had the same cross locking latch as the DT's, where as the latch on the gun in the video wasn't. The SO10 has a central longitudinal latch in the centre of the two barrels to create a noiseless easy opening latch.
Its an SO10 and a departure from the traditional lock up which and is

bifrabucated lumps, similar to Perazzi.

I have never seen pauls lumps but will check em out next week Mr balltrap

gUgCBtA.gif
no need pauls lumps have been checked ! its true what they say !

So, eventually I spoke with someone senior in GMK and he assured they would put things right, including adding the cast as a good will gesture, fine. I got the 'new' gun back today and it still has one of the same faults as before.

And...  the 'new' gun has the original woodwork which would be ok except they have done nothing to make it fit, I can get my thumbnail in some of the gaps around the action and forend irons. Also there are sharp burrs on the botton of the forend iron, the barrels don't seem to meet the face properly and there are wear marks on the corners of the shoulders have been filed down badly

I can actually see daylight accross the breech face when the gun is closed, is this safe? Also one side of the stock seems to not quite meet the action and it flexes in and out?

The gun that went to them was absolutely mint to look at and they have replaced it with one that looks like I made it myself. Oh, and they haven't put any cast on cast on the gun...

I'll be selling the gun as soon as GMK can get it presentable and safe...

Full refund time .not fit for purpose. If gmk don't want you as a valued customer look elsewhere. Where is your dealer in all of this. Think its been said before it the dealer you have a contract with when you bought the gun . what have they done to help.speak to trading standards , works wonders I find.tell them the whole story from day one. You have been messed about too long.

Saddened by this as we have 3 Beretta , one only purchased last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
How very , very sad to read about the good name of Beretta being besmirched on this site , and indeed anywhere.

IF the gun is as bad as is said, surely the first action would be to register your disappointment with GMK in writing and by telephone conversation with GMK management, also your dissatisfaction should have been made very clear to your dealer.

Many service and quality issues with many products can be resolved amicably by carrying out the correct procedure.

I am very saddened to hear of your plight and if only I knew of your location I would have been able to offer further assistance.

How very , very sad to read about the good name of Beretta being besmirched on this site , and indeed anywhere.

IF the gun is as bad as is said, surely the first action would be to register your disappointment with GMK in writing and by telephone conversation with GMK management, also your dissatisfaction should have been made very clear to your dealer.

Many service and quality issues with many products can be resolved amicably by carrying out the correct procedure.

I am very saddened to hear of your plight and if only I knew of your location I would have been able to offer further assistance.
Well said, that gun doesn't deserve to be sold on just by making it presentable enough.

My DT10 - six years ago.

3 x years warranty.

3 x top bolts in first year - teflon coming off underneath.

After two years - fore end loose, barrels loose barrel lug pins inside plating came off grinding up the fit., gun would not open (top bolt again. Fireing pins gone. Gun was worn out. Less that 6000 shells.

Took it to GMK who said it need's a service!!! I demanded a new gun, got no where.

Got gun back one week later, it was so tight I could not open it. GMK said it needed to bed in.

They also extended the warranty to 10 years.

I'm left handed and pushing that top bolt over caused pain in my thumb.

I got rid of it p/exed for my first K.

GMK terrible company.

Last edited by a moderator:
So for you, GMK was Get My Krieghoff.

My Beretta and the other three I have owned have all been trouble free. It seems some models have more issues than others from what I read, the worst being DT10 (first ones) and 692, which maybe are getting sorted now. So, bizarrely is it that they don't prove the designs properly before launch?

I almost bought a 692... bought an excellent 20 year old MX8 for slightly less money.... oh lordy TFFT!

Beretta are too big now and they clearly lack that head figure who is passionate about the brand. If you look at the likes of Krieghoff, CG and Perazzi, they all share a common trait of one or two figure heads who are involved in the nitty gritty right at the top end. They have their fingers on the pulse of the market and listen to the end user and spot market trends and crucially they seem to respond.

Beretta needs to decentralise decision making between their various market segments, I believe this is why Honda and Toyota were said to have faltered in the world of F1 despite massive resources. 

You need to remodel the clay guns section into its own hub headed by an experienced brain who is good at delegating with the power to make instant and radical decisions to not only put right the flaws at manufacturing stage but rework the whole DT11/692 shebang and relaunch with customer service foremost on their mind. 

So for you, GMK was Get My Krieghoff.

My Beretta and the other three I have owned have all been trouble free. It seems some models have more issues than others from what I read, the worst being DT10 (first ones) and 692, which maybe are getting sorted now. So, bizarrely is it that they don't prove the designs properly before launch?
Yes I have had four DT 10 all late models I believe it was mainly the early ones with lower case Beretta writing on action that could be problematic. I had no issues with any of mine other than one with drag on trigger gmk sorted this.

Ha. It's a long story :)

I love them and every one has handled different in some way.

Back