24g 7.5's for UT

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I have been using 24g cartridges on the last two visits to Capvern and to be honest I really cannot see any difference in my performance . I have been quite happy with the breaks I have3 been getting and as always when you get it in the right place the targets are dusted. I would really like to get them patterned though just to see what is going on between the two different cartridges but I think it really highlights what has been said before its not so much the cartridge but where you point your gun that counts !

and if you don't point in the right direction very often (like me) then you may as well miss with 4g less :)

and if you don't point in the right direction very often (like me) then you may as well miss with 4g less :)
Yes Ian and it is happening with me very frequently too ! I can be going along nice as you like then for no apparent reason I get into a hit and miss run which ends up costing me a good score. I think what happens is I lose my concentration by thinking about missed targets and also strangely I think my trigger may be causing a problem, being heavy at times for reasons unknown, I am squeezing at the right time but the gun is not responding instantly and I end up with a slight chase to the target. Going to have a wee look at the trigger tomorrow to see if the is any obvious dirt that may be causing the problem... if not back to the dealers.

Many reasons seperate us from the best john, but the more I read and go into the phsycological aspect the more I start to accept that the mental game is as important if not more so than the physical act of pulling the triggr

Many reasons seperate us from the best john, but the more I read and go into the phsycological aspect the more I start to accept that the mental game is as important if not more so than the physical act of pulling the triggr
 Could not agree more Ian if you can get your mind right then you are in a much better position to hit the target. I was shooting in a three man squad on Wednesday, we were early and the light was good so got in a quick round, and an older French gentleman hit a 25 he was of course pleased and just after the round one of the regular shooters turned up and got talking. I mentioned the 25 and he asked what the chaps secret was, because he does hit 25's regularly, his reply see bird shoot bird nothing else... course he said it in French!

Sounds spot on to me john as I have said many times one must reach a point were everything is done without concious thought therefore all concentration is on seeing the target

Back