24g 7.5's for UT

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PS - Free Fiocchi polo shirt would be great :)
It seldom happens that the words Free and Fiocchi appear in the same sentence.

I placed another order today, I requested caps and stickers.

It took about 9 months for shooting vests to arrive; I won;t be holding my breath for polo shirts, but you never know.

webber

Would be great if you could get some. I will even pay :)

Absolutely agree with that but only to a degree.

The cartridge has to be fit for purpose for the particular discipline ie correct shot size and dare I say gram. Also worth mentioning is that some budget cartridges suffer from consistency issues ie they are not consistent which may be of no consequence to club shooters but at top level even one target lost due to poor consistency can cost you dearly. 
I take your point but wasn't thinking on the lines of cheap and cheerful shells,

Phil

Well in that case your bang on Phil. :)

Shot 24g fiocchi f black today at ot have been using 28 last few months during the season for big shoots but sciatica now playing up so back to light loads. wow what a difference no recoil second barrel target acquisition much better as a result kills are astounding will definitely stay on 24g for everything probably even through next season.

Shot a 92 x 100 with approx 7 second barrels and i don't believe the 8 were missed as a result of a lack of 4g

so 24g for Ut and abt ... Why not.

Shot 24g fiocchi f black today at ot have been using 28 last few months during the season for big shoots but sciatica now playing up so back to light loads. wow what a difference no recoil second barrel target acquisition much better as a result kills are astounding will definitely stay on 24g for everything probably even through next season.

Shot a 92 x 100 with approx 7 second barrels and i don't believe the 8 were missed as a result of a lack of 4g

so 24g for Ut and abt ... Why not.
I've used nothing but 24's since they were first introduced, let's face it Ian if they work for OT they should be good enough for the other stuff too!

True les, certainly nicer to shoot but if you are at a disadvantage not using 28 is a matter of opinion, our good friend has an opinion on this that you may wish to ask him about.

True les, certainly nicer to shoot but if you are at a disadvantage not using 28 is a matter of opinion, our good friend has an opinion on this that you may wish to ask him about.
Are we talking about Mr T Ian?

Thing is if there is an obvious disadvantage of the lack of 4g does the comfort of shooting 24 plus the better second barrel acquisition counter the fact. One thing i will say is that Mr peel shoots 28g at abt and Ut make of that what you will.

Either way i am all for 24 for everything as its got to be better long term for my sciatica as we may not feel recoil now but the effect may be evident in a few years time. Imagine how knackered we would be if we were still shooting 32g ?

You still on rc ?

Thing is if there is an obvious disadvantage of the lack of 4g does the comfort of shooting 24 plus the better second barrel acquisition counter the fact. One thing i will say is that Mr peel shoots 28g at abt and Ut make of that what you will.

Either way i am all for 24 for everything as its got to be better long term for my sciatica as we may not feel recoil now but the effect may be evident in a few years time. Imagine how knackered we would be if we were still shooting 32g ?

You still on rc ?
Yep still on RC superniks, I hope to try some fiocchi golds in the dt11 once the stock is properly dry. Only used superniks so far and they pattern less densely in the 11 than in the 3800, nice breaks.....hundreds of bits but no smokes and no vapourised clays. Must be to do with the 11 barrels I guess. The 3800 is old tech, tight tubes,short chokes and short cones,in fact the opposite to the 11.

Fiocchi through both my 10s absolutely turn them to dust so as you say les must be the 11 barrels but a cut in half is still a hit !

Fiocchi through both my 10s absolutely turn them to dust so as you say les must be the 11 barrels but a cut in half is still a hit !
Oh its much more than a cut in half mate! Pmsl!! We are talking hundreds of bits,unlike the 3800 which will vapourize things, which is not really such a good idea even though it looks good! I guess that by vapourizing targets it really shows an overtight pattern, which in theory could make life a little harder than it needs to be!!

Well tomorrow I am off into Pau to buy a few things but one item on the list is cartridges! I am going to get a thou of 24g to give them a reasonable try out and if I don't get any adverse results I may stick with them. I am thinking of mixing 24s and 28s together and just shooting and seeing what happens with the breaks I will check after words to see which shell broke the clay? I really don't know how to evaluate them because my scores vary between 17 and say 21 anyway so there seems little point in just changing to the 24s and shooting four rounds. What are your thoughts Ian & Les ? I defo think changing to 24g is the way to go for me as I find I sometime tire after four rounds.

Well if I'm doing testing without a plate I will generally shoot one round with each shell and pay attention to how the breaks look. I will normally not bother wih a shell that only ever gives chippy kills.I should also rule out shells that vapourise clays,but I often don't!!

What les said,

its a tricky one this 24 v 28 i have tried many times to reach a conclusion but as yet i have not been able to as my head keeps reminding me i am 4g short. Bottom line is on a good day either will work on a bad day the extra 4g wont do any harm, but IMO 24 shoot smoother and pattern better

Well Les I'll give it a try with a round with 28's followed by 24's see what comes of it. I really want to do some pattern tests but don't have the facility unfortunately. I will have to ask the local farmer for a use of a quite part of his land and give it some close inspection on paper to see the patterns.

Back