1 / 2 March....what are those of us who didn't go to Dubai doing?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hickstead for me. Husband dropping me off then going on elsewhere. Hope he remembers to come and pick me up!

Last edited by a moderator:

We also heard good reports about Lower Lake near Liskeard which gets going for the summer from April onwards with competitions on Wednesday afternoons.

Started off slowly at Oakedge, really struggled to find my game head....had some really good stands, and some really bad ones...ended on 61, no idea how everyone else did but expecting it to be better than me...

Then onto Longridge, first visit there, nice ground, good targets and for whatever reason seemed to suit me a lot better, ended up on a 74 which wasn't a million miles off the majority of C Class...

Feel like I am really close to everything coming together...Just need to keep at it...

Good news was we stayed dry...always a bonus at the moment!!

shot Abbey today as did most of the world it seemed, I shot really well at fresh air!

Took a while to find the shoot at Hickstead due to incorrect postcode on their website and lack of signs for anyone coming from north of the ground. Turned up to a tent in a muddy field and more lack of signs meant I trudged a long way in the mud in the wrong direction. A minor meltdown on my part meant a lift on a quad bike to my first layout (slightly late but a trap breakdown as I arrived camouflaged my arrival) and signs suddenly appearing to indicate where the layouts were. I wish my husbands reacted to my strops with such expediency.
Great targets and a friendly squad made for an enjoyable day in the end. Shot 18 (good) 20 (chuffed) 16 (lost the plot on last peg wasting 4 targets) and 17 on KWG when I was massively pleased to shoot 7/8 on the last peg when all the targets seemed bloody miles away. With half chokes too.
I'll go back again for the targets. I guess walking through miles of mud is good exercise anyway

Well I went to Horne first and managed 42/100' it was windy and I either did really well on a stand or really badly no in between. There were some tricky ones. Then on to southdown where the weather was horrible both wind and rain. For me I did not do badly and managed 53/100. I missed some that I really should have got. Did miss not seeing any far out long crossers though - none today.

Took a while to find the shoot at Hickstead due to incorrect postcode on their website and lack of signs for anyone coming from north of the ground. Turned up to a tent in a muddy field and more lack of signs meant I trudged a long way in the mud in the wrong direction. A minor meltdown on my part meant a lift on a quad bike to my first layout (slightly late but a trap breakdown as I arrived camouflaged my arrival) and signs suddenly appearing to indicate where the layouts were. I wish my husbands reacted to my strops with such expediency.

Great targets and a friendly squad made for an enjoyable day in the end. Shot 18 (good) 20 (chuffed) 16 (lost the plot on last peg wasting 4 targets) and 17 on KWG when I was massively pleased to shoot 7/8 on the last peg when all the targets seemed bloody miles away. With half chokes too.

I'll go back again for the targets. I guess walking through miles of mud is good exercise anyway
Was the mud as bad as the classic 2 years ago?

DTL at Bisley Gun Club today, shot the first layout poorly finished on 20 doh, then shot a 23 followed by a 24 with a 22 to finish on a 89-258 to be 2nd in C Class.

Back