wylye valley

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

optima

made the trip down to wylye today,cracking weather and breakie.

To be honest not the most inspiring shoot i,ve been to there consisting of lots of dropping targets and loupers,and a few fast targets appearing and disapearing behind bushes in a flash where quick gun movement and spot shooting was called for,lots of queue,s and breakdowns but there was a lot of people there,over 200 i believe, stuart rudling was winning when i left with richard king on 92, looking at the scores it didn,t seem to be a high scoring shoot

I quite enjoyed the day and the targets; but then I haven't been to Wylye in a couple of months. The queues were quite long, but that's a good sign! I managed 78ex100 which is creeping towards the fabled 80, was leading B class when I left but I doubt it stayed that way for long!

How did u get on optima?

(null)

Made it to Wylye just in time after bombing down from Weston Wood. Average round for me, didn't set the world alight, but that was probably due to tiredness and the inevitable loss of concentration (I won't be doing double headers that are so far apart in future, getting too old!). Good course, a bit of everything, nothing outrageous but you needed to have your wits about you - which is how it should be IMHO.

Enjoyed it as always, despite not doing it - or myself - justice. Ah well, there's always next time! :D

I quite enjoyed the day and the targets; but then I haven't been to Wylye in a couple of months. The queues were quite long, but that's a good sign! I managed 78ex100 which is creeping towards the fabled 80, was leading B class when I left but I doubt it stayed that way for long!

How did u get on optima?

(null)
shot an 83 you may do ok in b with that as like i said the scores i saw were low overall, funny how different people see shoots differently,just seemed very samey to us as in loupers,dropping stuff etc ,in fact 2 lads that came down who,d never been there before said they,d never go back,but it,s swings and roundabouts i suppose,it,s probabley the first time i,ve been there and not enjoyed a shoot

What class do you shoot optima? I can't see your cpsa details on iPhone.

(null)

Only managed to scrape a 65, still making beginner errors, but it's a work in progress!

Good to meet you Steve, albeit briefly! How did you do? And at Hornet?

Tony, sorry I didn't get to catch up with you at Wylye...didn't get away from Weston Wood until after 1...so decided to detour to Hornet where I haven't been before. Was looking really pretty in the weather and there was a good variety of targets for the Bucks Championship.

Latest posts

Back