Wot no covers?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les53

Has the use of covered stands been banned in international OT comps or something? I seem to have seen a lot of comps shot on layouts with no covers! Any ideas? I'll bet Nic knows!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Only for the finals of Olympic Games Les and where filming is taking place. In Athens it fried them to a crisp and in Beijing soaked them to the skin. You'll notice Southern Counties has 4 covered plus one uncovered layout.

Only for the finals of Olympic Games Les and where filming is taking place. In Athens it fried them to a crisp and in Beijing soaked them to the skin. You'll notice Southern Counties has 4 covered plus one uncovered layout.
Thanks for that Fred! I knew I'd seen it but I didn't know why. So basically it's down to the bloody filming of things!!!

Yes it's the film directors Les, remember the side shields as far as your forehead? You must admit the videos have become excellent although people think the slo-mo is live rather than "one we shot earlier".

Last edited by a moderator:
Call me a wuss but give me covers every time. Anyway i cant see uncovered finals ever being an issue for me :(

Call me a wuss but give me covers every time. Anyway i cant see uncovered finals ever being an issue for me :(
It's OK for me Ian, I love the heat and I haven't shot in bad weather in this century!!! :hot:

Back