Aftermarket pads for adjustable stock

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lh8611

ShootClay Supporter
Apologies if this has already been covered.

Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket recoil pad that would be suitable for use on an adjustable stock MK38? The adjustable stock mechanism is the Allen key through butt pad type. I understand that Browning have the interchangeable inflex pad system, however the because the pads on Miroku's are all individually fitted I'm not sure of one of these would work. Does anyone know if a Kick Eez would be suitable and would it be possible to drill a (neat) hole through the back of the pad to a accommodate the Allen key if necessary.

I wouldn't be fitting it myself, and would get it fitted professionally, I'm just wondering if anyone else has had something similar done. Cheers.

I certainly had no issues with a drilled hole through the kickeez on my Perazzi. After a few years, I did have an issue with the kickeez, because over time they become more and more bouncy. Binned it and discovered ISIS green pad, which I suggest you go to straight away.

Snap . I’ve got a drilled hole through a Kickeeze in the back of my Krieghoff . I got 15 years plus no issue from the first Kickeeze on that gun before I changed it because it was going sticky . I do store all my guns muzzle down though , which I think helps avoid compression set of the rubber over time . Photo below the hole through the letter Z is the one for the stock key . The outer holes are for securing the pad to the stock . IMG_7257.jpeg

How often do you need to adjust the stock comb ? I fitted an Isis pad AFTER getting the comb height sorted, I did NOT drill any holes through it. It saved throwing the comb adjustment Allen key away ! 😄

Thanks for the replies guys. I've changed the cartridges that I have been using so haven't been feeling as much perceived recoil. The gun balances perfectly for me at the moment with the factory pad. I still might consider upgrading if I find one that won't mess with the balance too much (I don't want to have to get into adding barrel weights etc.).

How often do you need to adjust the stock comb ? I fitted an Isis pad AFTER getting the comb height sorted, I did NOT drill any holes through it. It saved throwing the comb adjustment Allen key away ! 😄
I had had a similar thought myself, but I had read that the Browning/Miroku combs can come loose quite often, so wanted the option of tightening it up easily if needed when out shooting. I've put probably nearing 1000 cartridges through the gun since setting up the stock and I've not had any problems so I'm guessing this is either a previously resolved issue or isolated to a few individual guns. But thanks for the reply.

The comb on the K80 above has the adjustment where it should be , accessed by removing the comb . The drilled hole is simply for taking the stock off with the pad in place, Krieghoff sensibly use an Allen head stock screw so the stock key just passes through the drilled hole .

Thanks for the replies guys. I've changed the cartridges that I have been using so haven't been feeling as much perceived recoil. The gun balances perfectly for me at the moment with the factory pad. I still might consider upgrading if I find one that won't mess with the balance too much (I don't want to have to get into adding barrel weights etc.).

I had had a similar thought myself, but I had read that the Browning/Miroku combs can come loose quite often, so wanted the option of tightening it up easily if needed when out shooting. I've put probably nearing 1000 cartridges through the gun since setting up the stock and I've not had any problems so I'm guessing this is either a previously resolved issue or isolated to a few individual guns. But thanks for the reply.
I shoot with the comb flat, but others that I shoot with have had no loosening issues either, they do all use washers under the comb though.

I shoot with the comb flat, but others that I shoot with have had no loosening issues either, they do all use washers under the comb though.

I don't have much adjustment on mine to be fair, 2 clicks to the right on the rear post (cast off I think), one click up on the front post, and 2 clicks up on the rear to raise it. That gives me a decent sight picture and shoots ever so slightly high which works for me. I generally hit more than I miss so I'm happy. I haven't used any washers yet, but it's not a bad shout if I do encounter any issues.

Apologies if this has already been covered.

Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket recoil pad that would be suitable for use on an adjustable stock MK38? The adjustable stock mechanism is the Allen key through butt pad type. I understand that Browning have the interchangeable inflex pad system, however the because the pads on Miroku's are all individually fitted I'm not sure of one of these would work. Does anyone know if a Kick Eez would be suitable and would it be possible to drill a (neat) hole through the back of the pad to a accommodate the Allen key if necessary.

I wouldn't be fitting it myself, and would get it fitted professionally, I'm just wondering if anyone else has had something similar done. Cheers.
Yes I just had mine cit 1” of stock& kickee pad fitted with hole in pad for Alan key at premier guns by Simon Wilmore

Latest posts

Back