Wind

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shoot to the right this side of the equater - you know it makes sense, on a serious note - perhaps now you are 'no longer in full and gainfull employment' you have slipped back into "student" mode and all the beans on toast dinners are having their usuall effect :spiteful:

Moved to Jokes...
300px-KennethWilliams.jpg

Only moved the thread, not the poster...

Chard - wasn't being ornery - just thought it was a better post in the humour. Sorry if that sounded short everyone.

I always find choking up on the coloured targets is advisable Ed as the paint makes them slightly thicker and harder to break............... :sarcastic:

I can give him something on account like a box of 21g fibre wads on account Ive got no effing money left cos he's got it all!!

The coriolis effect would come more into effect the closer you are to the equator, so when shooting anywhere other than the UK you should by cartridges to suit, I have special ones for different parts of the UK even.
I would think that the Magnus effect on the clay would be far far more relevant than Coriolis which might just need to be thought about by long range snipers so clay shooters should ignore.

Both clay and shot are going to move left to right with the wind but by how much and what is the differential variation in movement between the two and it will change over the flight as the differential speed of each object changes?  I would assume that the clay would be more subject to the wind than the shot so shouldn't you take the right edge of the clay?

Do clays spin clockwise or anti-clockwise - I haven't a clue but think its clockwise on the manual traps I have seen.

Shot presumably doesn't spin or not in any significant way, well not like a rifled bullet.

A little 40 grain .22 bullet gets blown about 2 inches off course over 50 metres by an even 10mph cross wind but what happens to clays and shot I don't know.

Ed's probably just looking for a mug like me to take his post seriously and try and think about it!  :lol:

Oh dear! He was! I now see its in the jokes forum!  

Last edited by a moderator:
1)  I would assume that the clay would be more subject to the wind than the shot so shouldn't you take the right edge of the clay?

2) Do clays spin clockwise or anti-clockwise - I haven't a clue but think its clockwise on the manual traps I have seen.
I am back...not bored now Ed....had some of the whiteinfuriator

Robert.

1) yes correct. Well done.

2) the spin depends on whether it is a right handed trap or a left anded trap.....But you all knew that anyway..... :smile:

Back