Who to report poaching to?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisPackham

Will the police care about poaching? I know that they are stretched in terms of resources.  I met a very vocal individual this morning carrying an air rifle and a brace of cock pheasant who has no permission to be there and shooting game out of season (it wasn't even sxs air rifle and no tweed to be seen!).  He wasn't very happy about meeting me and threatened to tarmac my drive or similar.  There is a some coverage of him on trail cam but I assume he has no fixed address. How to proceed? Thanks 

cheeky fecker...out of season with an air rifle ? if he is a traveller as you allude to then I wouldn't waste your time with it. Tell the land owner maybe !

cheeky fecker...out of season with an air rifle ? if he is a traveller as you allude to then I wouldn't waste your time with it. Tell the land owner maybe !
Yeah, land owner aware and doesn't wish to report for fear of fields being tarmac laced.  Doesn't feel right that they should get away with it....

I know how you feel but these people enjoy confrontation, so best not to give them what they want ?

Yeah, land owner aware and doesn't wish to report for fear of fields being tarmac laced.  Doesn't feel right that they should get away with it....
Unfortunately they get away with everything.  They are untouchable.  :angry:

It needs reporting to the Police. They may have no resources to send BUT at least they have been made aware of what amounts to at least an armed trespass, for which there is a power of arrest and gun confiscation. The remaining offences are covered by the game laws but if they do not know about it  ?????  If you see the person again, try to get some pics on your mobile (obviously if you are not seen, then better still)  Try to follow at a safe distance, and then see if any vehicle is involved, once again a picture of that with the reg. number is a bonus.  I had a similar problem many years ago, then I found where they parked the vehicle. The next time I saw the vehicle parked up, I removed 2 opposing tyre valves. Funnily enough, never saw them again  !

Never met a "traveller" I didn't want to punch in the face. At least once a month a pikey visits us because his tarmac lorry has broke down and he can do a deal for us. We once even had a couple of teenage gypo's turn up, scouting round. They were very surprised to see me come out and they came up with the likely story  that they were looking for a broody hen! Caught one of the f***ers in the barn at 1:00am and they claimed they were looking for their Labrador. In the tack room. 

Lost chainsaws, strimmers, various tools and even an old gypsy carriage that had a huge amount of sentimental value to us to the scummy bastards. Been threatened with a tyre iron in my face because I dared question being blocked in by his transit.

Forgive me if you find this post offensive but anyone that defends "travellers" has clearly never met one. 

Call the police and report the git. He's braking the law and the police have a duty to act on it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Never met a "traveller" I didn't want to punch in the face. At least once a month a pikey visits us because his tarmac lorry has broke down and he can do a deal for us. We once even had a couple of teenage gypo's turn up, scouting round. They were very surprised to see me come out and they came up with the likely story  that they were looking for a broody hen! Caught one of the f***ers in the barn at 1:00am and they claimed they were looking for their Labrador. In the tack room. 

Lost chainsaws, strimmers, various tools and even an old gypsy carriage that had a huge amount of sentimental value to us to the scummy bastards. Been threatened with a tyre iron in my face because I dared question being blocked in by his transit.

Forgive me if you find this post offensive but anyone that defends "travellers" has clearly never met one. 

Call the police and report the git. He's braking the law and the police have a duty to act on it. 
I'm pretty sure you won't find anyone who will defend these types, well not anyone that can read or write, so you are pretty safe.

It needs reporting to the Police. They may have no resources to send BUT at least they have been made aware of what amounts to at least an armed trespass, for which there is a power of arrest and gun confiscation. The remaining offences are covered by the game laws but if they do not know about it  ?????  If you see the person again, try to get some pics on your mobile (obviously if you are not seen, then better still)  Try to follow at a safe distance, and then see if any vehicle is involved, once again a picture of that with the reg. number is a bonus.  I had a similar problem many years ago, then I found where they parked the vehicle. The next time I saw the vehicle parked up, I removed 2 opposing tyre valves. Funnily enough, never saw them again  !
I have heard a story of someone crawling under a suspicious transit with a 13mm spanner. Two things are surprising one is how that little red light is not noticed when making a quick getaway and two is how far a transit will run with no oil.

Latest posts

Back