White gold v blue diamonds

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love white gold but simply cant afford them. Brother-in-law bought me a box of 25 Black gold 7.5`s 28 gram and they were nasty and punchy, couldn't use them if I could afford them. What I have settled on though is the Gamebore Evo which I find great. 

Cheers guys, I'm going to try hull, evos and whites need to find something until the clever ship lands with fibres! 

?

Hi Guy's

Through the years I've tried many different cartridges 24g/28g  of late I had settled on fiocchi f blacks 24g  but always felt thay were a little bit tight on close targets and thay are still a bit on the pricey side 

A friend of mine whom also shoots fiocchi's suggested I try fiocchi TT1  28g at approx 180 per 1000 

Well I wasn't to enthralled with the idea but thought I'd give it a go at least when practicing at first I thought

Must say very little recoil 

Now I have used them for a while I know anything upto 45m or even firther  if face on   thay are fine any edge on target at 45 +  go back to f blacks  

It's all mental an't it 

Just saying

The Gamebore range are promoted by people who get them for free or at trade prices , Hull are similar, high speed thumpers are not the answer .

Get a budget cartridge that you like , that suits your gun and your pocket and enjoy .

Lots of choice out there that needn't cost the earth.

Hi Guy's

Through the years I've tried many different cartridges 24g/28g  of late I had settled on fiocchi f blacks 24g  but always felt thay were a little bit tight on close targets and thay are still a bit on the pricey side 

A friend of mine whom also shoots fiocchi's suggested I try fiocchi TT1  28g at approx 180 per 1000 

Well I wasn't to enthralled with the idea but thought I'd give it a go at least when practicing at first I thought

Must say very little recoil 

Now I have used them for a while I know anything upto 45m or even firther  if face on   thay are fine any edge on target at 45 +  go back to f blacks  

It's all mental an't it 

Just saying
It is a lot of what you believe will do the job.   

I find the fibre 28grm Cheddite Universal Trap smooth, good price as well at £190 thousand

I really don't get why ANY top of the range (or even mid level) cartridge should have such harsh recoil as appears to be almost the norm. Why do people put up with it ? 
Because SOME actually rate a cartridge by it's recoil  ???

I find the fibre 28grm Cheddite Universal Trap smooth, good price as well at £190 thousand
Try the same in 24 gram, £177 at Malmo Guns (the suppliers).

Because SOME actually rate a cartridge by it's recoil  ???

24 gram fibers why not just throw the gun at the clay it will have more chance :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheddite Universal Traps are a really good do it all cartridge and I use a lot of them. The fibre 28gm 7.5's (2.4mm) are a cracking decoying cartridge.

I do have a few issues though. 28gm fibre £190 a thou. 24gm fibre are the same price which is annoying when the plastic 24's are £177 and 28's £182. The lack of 8's in 24gm is also a shame in relation to keeping the pellet count up.

It may interest some to know the pellet count of UT's,

28gm 7.5's #340 

28gm 8's #450 true english 8's?

PM.

Cheddite Universal Traps are a really good do it all cartridge and I use a lot of them. The fibre 28gm 7.5's (2.4mm) are a cracking decoying cartridge.
used them a lot for that, also good cartridge for driven partridge and grouse.

28gm 7.5's #340 

interesting that the 7.5s are continental sized, with the 8s being English sized, did not know that, 

4 miles from me

I do have a few issues though. 28gm fibre £190 a thou. 24gm fibre are the same price which is annoying when the plastic 24's are £177 and 28's £182. The lack of 8's in 24gm is also a shame in relation to keeping the pellet count up.

28gm 7.5's #340 

PM.
Just into last case of 24gm fibre 8.5`s which have been excellent and are 8`s really.

24 gram fibers why not just throw the gun at the clay it will have more chance :lol:
Well they worked fine at everything I could find at Park Lodge the other week including all the tower birds.........

Ive been using Hull Comp X Plastic wad but they do make them in a fiber wad although ive not tried them in fiber.

The plastic cost £175 per 1000 two weeks ago which seems good value to me.

Ive been very happy with them and have even been using them through my side by side with very little recoil.

I would say they have the least recoil of all the cartridges ive used,

great for that second barrel !.

Ive been using Hull Comp X Plastic wad but they do make them in a fiber wad although ive not tried them in fiber.

The plastic cost £175 per 1000 two weeks ago which seems good value to me.

Ive been very happy with them and have even been using them through my side by side with very little recoil.

I would say they have the least recoil of all the cartridges ive used,

great for that second barrel !.
I have used them in both plastic and fibre, the plastic are £170 here and the fibre at £175 and they work very well, BUT I do like the 24 gram Cheddite and they seem to suit my gun at only £7 a 1000 more. With 24 gram the gun is a lot steadier between shots, making it easier to get onto the second bird.

For the last year I have used Bornaghi All Blacks in both plastic and fibre and found them hard hitting on targets and pleasant to shoot with minimal recoil. I purchased them from Ladds guns from Crediton but Mike ladd said didn't know if he would be getting more as the price's were on the increase. 

Latest posts

Back