Westfield SG - 08/12/2013

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
Just back from a chilly, but dry and mostly sunny day at Westfield today. I was surprised it was pretty quiet, with a FITASC Sporting running alongside an ESP, I thought it would be pretty busy, but there were shooters arriving quite steadily throughout the day.

I only shot the FSP, but I'm sure someone can comment on the ESP - stands I saw looked pretty good, typical mix of Westfield targets.

We started on the Barn layout - couple of tasty targets here - a booming teal from Peg 2 that most struggled with and a massive battue from all three pegs, as an incomer from Peg one to being almost quartering away on Peg 3 and needing a LOT of leeeed. I missed two barrels in the single, but found it in the double with a nice smooth gun.  I had my usual slow start on layout one, but ground out the last doubles to finish on 15. 

Second layout for us was the wood layout - over on an adjoining field.  There was a really high looper which was over your head from peg one and an interesting shot. Iyt was coupled with some great crossers, one edge on and stalling at the kill point, and another that stalled high and needed some attention. As the pegs moved round - the high looper showed more face, but still caught loads out as it was really chipping with some high wind behind it.  Lovely to see Wynno taking care of ref duties here - he definitely is the toughest ref I have ever seen on the circuit (pound in the post Wynn?). I finished on 18 here. 

Third parcours was the Top Field... with a driven on peg one, which became a good crosser on peg three, and a high battue that again needed a big lump.  I was going well on the layout and smoked the driven and crossers from peg one and two, and then missed the sim pair off the tower completely. Grumpy Admin, but I managed 19 - should have been 21/22.

Final parcours was the valley - and the wind picked up, dropping the temperature a few degrees. We started in the grouse butt with an overhead pink bird that curled trickily and a downhill rabbit. The sun came out a bit here making an incomer a bit of a dark glasses test.  Some cracking crossers from peg 2 and then peg three from the platform made everything a lot harder... scraped a 16 here.

So my recent form continues - 68 scored - not sure how that stacks up on the final scores as there was a squad still out when we left, felt like a shot as well, if not better to last week and still scored 8 targets less. 

Great stuff Steve and Ally - good value for money, lovely squad and typical Westfield hospitality made it a good day out.

PS - should add, saw plenty from ShootClay there - GavB, maddmatt, Clynt, Chipper, MHib, Aspire, Tom (good to meet you) - and I'm sure others that I have missed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good shoot, pretty tough fitasc course, certainly one of the toughest I have shot for a while, but very enjoyable.

This was my 2nd visit to Westfield S.G, the first time shooting sporting and this time FITASC. I have just dipped my toes into this discipline and I am loving it. I had a fantastic, friendly squad who tell me that the targets were good FITASC targets and that Westfield is always great to shoot. Thanks to Steve and Ali.

Very good targets today, some excellent shooting from the squad, dropped four targets due to lack of concentration and stupidity. Stopped the gun and held on too long on a few others, however with changes to patch on glasses, butt pad and comb and trying a

new shooting method bloody chuffed to come away with a 65 . I noticed on the last parcour that my left eye was taking over on left to right stuff probably due to tiredness so will need to watch out for that in future. Big thankyou to Steve and Alli and the squad

Westfied SG    Definietly  got  the X factor FITASC this weekend . A big thanks  2  Ail , steve  and all . :nyam:

Latest posts

Back