Westfield selection shoot.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it was REAL sporting how it should be .....better than any of the majors over the past 10 years :wink: class scores spot on for the winners and one not to be missed !!! for those who it destroyed maybe you have become to used to shooting straight at softer targets there was loads of leeeeeead :) :) :) on lots of birds and varying from 2ft to 12ft+ and remember this is set to select the best sporting shooters in England, not guns who can robotic-ally fill in stand after stand of easy targets all in all fantastic lay-out Steve (bit of Tor view) maybe ???? well worth the £40.

I enjoyed it that much shot 80 had another go and did a 81 with a 1 on std 11 !!!!!!!! will be hard to better this one..........

I agree, but Steve this was on the limit. Good feed back, i know it's a selection shoot but remamber the 90% who shoot for fun/pleasure. Don't go ott.forget the poo remarks people who don't finish (me) Stick with what you know shooters enjoy.I hope you know me well enought to take this as complement.By the way i did enjoy it. :cry:

Don't fret folks - this was a qualifier, well put Elvis, there is no intention for any other shoots to carry on in this vein. Steve reckons the right score won and the feedback was good overall but it would have been nice to see some higher scores in the lower classes. Was it tricky, was there some added pressure for some? Who knows. Either way, The Westfield you've come to know and love will be back on sale 13th May, normal entry fee, normal targets and some smiley faces. Don't think we can better the weather though?!

Here's the full results hot off the press: Total Prize Fund Payout over £2100! :) £150 1st, each class, £100 2nd then down to 6th place each class with £60, £50, £40, £30. Pool shoots paid out £90 overall winner each day plus the £50 B/C class each day.

AA

B Husthwaite 93

S Rudling 93

R Bunning 91

J Lee 91

M Myers 90

O Baker 90

D Kempley 90

A

K Jobling 87

P Dobson 84

D Elliott 84

D Webb 83

W Harris 83

M Bone 83

B

P Ford 79

K Barker 75

K ARcher 73

M Aucott 73

J Chadwick 72

J Enders 72

S Greenwood 72

C

N Holt 79

D McVeigh 71

L Jones 70

G Moore 70

K Keen 66

D Barrett 66

N Gardiner 66

Junior

D Kidner 83

Lady

S Chambers 70

Veteran

B Dunbavin 81 (yes there were two people above Brian but they had picked up in classes).

Thanks for coming and having a go. Let's not forget it was also the West Midlands Area Championship so when full results are issued by email we will show who is the Areas Champion, Silver and Bronze plus the same information in categories.

Better start thinking about Weston Wood now...... Sunday soon comes round! :wink:

Steve and Ally

(Steve would have dictated this reply but he's knackered! Too much time in the Sun I think!!)

Thought it was a superb shoot,only shot a 79 but that was due to operator error,most of what was there could have been killed with quarter choke,anything at range showed a bit of face no stuppid 70 yard edge on stuff, wish i,d stayed and gone round again

Every person I spoke to today had nothing but praise for the shoot. Most of the guys were in B class, some C some AA. Brilliant job all round- make the next one like that and I'll make the trip down again!

Well done you 2.Nice of you make effort to reply after a long weekend. (Ally)Steve you light weight?

Made a right mess of things started bad after two fairly good trys on the pool and never recovered, all though I did well on some of the hard stands.

would love to shoot this type of target more often or should I say shoot at. Enjoyed the challenge even if it kicked my big ass.

Thanks - glad the feedback overall is good, it's hard to know which way to set a shoot such as this but I'm thinking Steve has done OK :wink:

Ben, if you email me at [email protected] I will send over the full list of results and prize money etc so you'll be 'in the loop'

Have a good week, will aim to get the full results out on email tomorrow :blink:

Ally (and yes Elvis, he is a lightweight :wacko: )

Fantastic shoot really enjoyed it shame I cocked up the last 3 stands. Thankfully Ed carried my bag after 3 stands which made it even better

(null)

If only we could keep this type feeling/report with other shooting grounds maybe we could all get what we want??

I'll get my gun slip.

Kent?? Where's that?? :blink:

Always interested in new and interesting places to play shooting......... :wink: Needs to be a commutable distance from home though which is when it all gets complicated.

Steve

Thought it was a superb shoot,only shot a 79 but that was due to operator error,most of what was there could have been killed with quarter choke,anything at range showed a bit of face no stuppid 70 yard edge on stuff, wish i,d stayed and gone round again
Wish I had gone back Sunday Tony !!!!! how about you :huh: ?? see Sean Ponting's ground is running a 100 reg soon fancy a trip ?

see Sean Ponting's ground is running a 100 reg soon fancy a trip ?
If you plan that - let me know, I'll meet you there - I met Sean on Sunday and I'm doing some work on his website so I should go and see the place - would be good to say hi and have a round with the experts ;)

If you plan that - let me know, I'll meet you there - I met Sean on Sunday and I'm doing some work on his website so I should go and see the place - would be good to say hi and have a round with the experts ;)
No probs Matt.... Big Jim, Chipper and myself will def be there, look forward to it

Full results are now on email winging their way out to everyone that is registered with us. If you haven't received them by mid pm drop me a mail.

:smile:

Latest posts

Back