Vintage Weekly - Release Triggers

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mortum

OMG........POPCORN.....!!

Tin Hats...

I am orf to the air raid shelter......I think that might be a safe place.....

:laugh:

Sadly IPS....i just went back to look for the thread (April 2013) but the forum only goes back for a year....so all those posts are gone now.

So i will double you :wink:

Mortum the reason i said Popcorn was because of this.... https://www.cpsa.co.uk/news/fixtures/2012/10/31/release-triggers-consultation

In short we (the shooters) won......and release triggers are not banned here in UK.....thanks to the many vocal members on Facebook, this forum and elsewhere.

It is a very good article by Derek.

Now i am orf before Guru arrives.

Last edited:
Which thread? I can breathe life back back into even the oldest ones...

Remember the one re the link above Matt. Lots of discussion on  several pages on release trigger and how it was important to some disabled shooters or shooters with injuries.

No. It was about the CPSA proposed ban. I think i started it.....if you can look back in my threads. I did look but could not go back far enough.

I thought, you guys might find this interesting... I don't know how things are in UK but here, in the States, these release triggers are quite popular because American trap is a slow game (as Derek explains) so there is enough time during the shot for brain to interfere and force the shooter to flinch. I have been shooting American trap for a couple of years and I did too develop this dreaded flinch. Now that I switch to sporting clays, I stopped flinching altogether. For what it's worth...

If Matt can just realise one page at a time, from the old thread that Nic is talking about, over an extended time period......

15!

P.S

Aren't they meant to all have "R" stickers on the stocks somewhere to let Referees know they're release triggers?!

;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
If Matt can just realise one page at a time, from the old thread that Nic is talking about, over an extended time period......

15!

P.S

Aren't they meant to all have "R" stickers on the stocks somewhere to let Referees know they're release triggers?!

;-)
Perhaps admin could put an R sticker on this thread.

:fie:  The shooting world is full of tossers, posers, never has beens and village idiots who use release triggers! :crazy:

Right! to be sensible about this subject.

If a shooter is "disabled" or have "Injuries" as Nicola  wrote they have need a release trigger?

If said shooter can stand (or sit ) to shoot competitively and can open and load and close a shotgun and can mount said gun and swing the gun and also eject the shells unaided why do they need release triggers?

Its no harder to pull a conventional trigger than use release triggers! Its much harder to make the gun SAFE with relase triggers.

If its a case of mental ability then they should not be shooting! :fie:  

If said shooter can stand (or sit ) to shoot competitively and can open and load and close a shotgun and can mount said gun and swing the gun and also eject the shells unaided why do they need release triggers?

Its no harder to pull a conventional trigger than use release triggers!

These bits I take issue with!  The rest is OK.

The top sentence has nothing to do with needing a release trigger.

Your second sentence can be just plain wrong for someone who has trigger freeze.  It is much easier in those circumstances to release a trigger than to pull one at the right moment if you have trigger freeze.

Latest posts

Back