UK FITASC Championship Grimsthorpe

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chesterse

Just got back from shooting the above - what a brilliant shoot! There was a tremendous variety of targets and evething seemed to go like clockwork.

It was obvious Mark and his team had made an extra special effort to put on a competition befitting the UK Championships, opening up new parts of the ground for some of the layouts and building shooting platforms to extend the variety of targets.

It was noiceable for those of us who shoot the ground on a regular basis how there were many more targets below your feet and also tricky close birds with acute angles etc. than there would be at a typical Grimsthorpe shoot.

Of course with were also the classic Grimsthorpe long birds as well and also a variety of rabbits which are normally few and far between there.

All in all a very enjoyable two days shooting!

Haven't been to Grimsthorpe for years but I always remember it as a tough but fair place. Good to hear you enjoyed it

It's my favorite ground by a country mile. Kev shot 136, bleedin' good shooting.

There were 4 or 5 shooting off on 134 for second place when we left. Platforms were good, and they have a big tower going up soon which will make it even better, should get some good driven from it.

There were 6 layouts, some on new ground which I've not been on. They need to hold the Euro or World there, begging for it. Recorded some film so hopefully get it uploaded if it's any good.

Just got back from shooting the above - what a brilliant shoot! There was a tremendous variety of targets and evething seemed to go like clockwork.

It was obvious Mark and his team had made an extra special effort to put on a competition befitting the UK Championships, opening up new parts of the ground for some of the layouts and building shooting platforms to extend the variety of targets.

It was noiceable for those of us who shoot the ground on a regular basis how there were many more targets below your feet and also tricky close birds with acute angles etc. than there would be at a typical Grimsthorpe shoot.

Of course with were also the classic Grimsthorpe long birds as well and also a variety of rabbits which are normally few and far between there.

All in all a very enjoyable two days shooting!
I second that chesterse having never been there before they put in a tremendous effort and produced a brilliant shoot with completly new layouts for the second day and the settings between woodland and open fields gave so many variations of background and targets thorougly enjoyed the two days just a pity its such a long trip for me 41/2 hrs as I was told they have a very good winter series there which would be worth doing. As BenW says they could easliy hold a world or eurpean comp there . :)

Have never heard a bad word sAid about this ground.... Need a trip up there.

Sent from my 7 Mozart using Board Express

Result are now up

http://englishsportingclays.co.uk/fitasc/uk-championship

Latest posts

Back