Totally Confused... Safe/Cabinet, Full/Breakdown. HELP

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you change your cabinet, do you have to inform the police of the change?

thanks, i bought a single had the firearms visit, passed the cabinet, but i now think maybe got a bigger one :)

The one thing I would say, particularly with regards to combination locks is check out YouTube for lock cracking videos of that particular type if lock. Some cabinets appear to be surprisingly easy to open without the keys or combination...

thanks, i bought a single had the firearms visit, passed the cabinet, but i now think maybe got a bigger one :)
It may be better to just wait until you need a bigger one - no point in spending money unnecessarily, plus it may stop you buying a extra gun for a while.

I got a Brattonsound SL5+. It says its a 4/5 gun but you would struggle to get more than 3 in it. 

Like Robert mine has a single double edged key with large 30mm bolts that go all the way down the locking edge.

I would also agreed that you throw away the fixing that are supplied with most safes as they are totally useless. I went for large expanding bolts, that give a much more secure fixing.

The Bratton is nicely lined with foam etc to prevent damage, but the door on the SL5 is quite narrow so its really easy to knock the gun as you put it in the safe. Especially if you've put it in a corner like I did.

I have put a thin strip of self adhesive draft excluder foam on the edges just in case.

They are also bloody heavy, 38Kg in my case. so get some help when you come to fitting it.

The only thing you have to "think" about, not "worry" about is that they will have a record of your capacity.

So if you have a 1/2 gun cabinet and you go an buy a 3rd or 4th gun,they might phone you, wondering how you can store these guns safely.

So pre-empt this by just sending them a letter or even just phone your FLO to let them know that you have upgraded to a 5/6 gun cabinet.

They already know you can safely install one so, they may not even bother with a visit.  Also, just taking the courtesy to tell them, helps make you look better and makes their job a bit easier..always better to get along.

Or, you know...don't tell them...choice is yours.

Latest posts

Back