Think your Sunday is going badly? Look at my barrel..

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Message from Teague today to confirm they're still on track to get the guns back to me next week - PERFECT given I can't go shooting 🤣

Still.. time to get both sets of wood refinished and in tip top condition. 

great end result , from a bad situation , well you haven't missed any shooting  curtesy of covid !!!   looks like your timing is bang on      we should be shooting march  time  i hope !!   :victory:   

Ant, is that a custom stock? 
Neither are bud.

The top one is an MK38 factory trap adjustable which has different stock dimensions (plus grip, forend and checkering) to a standard trap.

The bottom is a standard trap. 

Looks really good pleased you’ve got sorted out. Let’s hope we can all get back shooting next month.

pleased for you that it has worked out and that you have eventually ended up with a replacement gun to you spec.

I hope you don't end up to much out of pocket

Ant , as you can now see at the cut , the area where the choke is seated in the barrel, are you any wiser as to why it failed ? 
No mate can’t see anything. And it won’t budge, but main thing is it tells an amusing story and I didn’t lose out on anything 👍

Glad that this is sorted Ant. 👍

Both look quite good, and the 29" might make for a lovely skeet gun. Just take up Olympic skeet and ditch the 32", the 29-er is the better looking one woodwise and has the grip adjusted to your specs, right? 

As a side note, doesn't the wood swap easily between the two?

Looking at the chopped off barrel it doesn't look like the chokes were loose, if you've a mind to I would like to see a picture from the cut side of the barrel to see how it failed 

Glad that this is sorted Ant. 👍

Both look quite good, and the 29" might make for a lovely skeet gun. Just take up Olympic skeet and ditch the 32", the 29-er is the better looking one woodwise and has the grip adjusted to your specs, right? 

As a side note, doesn't the wood swap easily between the two?
The wood swaps between mate yep, as do all the chokes. I may yet keep both but I’m also fully aware I’ll rarely shoot the shorter barrel. 

The lighter wood (customised on the grip by me as you say) is much nicer (according to my taste of course) and so with that wood and the 32 barrels I’m really pleased. 

Looking at the chopped off barrel it doesn't look like the chokes were loose, if you've a mind to I would like to see a picture from the cut side of the barrel to see how it failed 
Absolutely no problem I’ll do that for you today. I’ve tried and tried but can’t get the choke out. And yep as I said earlier in the thread not even a single mm of gap. 

D34AA8E0-9D02-4B80-A110-EF0918B13CCC.jpeg

8A73DED6-92FF-4008-91CE-31960FD88C71.jpeg

F3E87B30-56C8-4009-8F8B-7BF4B06059C5.jpeg

7002BDE5-1FA2-4BD0-99CF-5DB505A30570.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting thanks for putting the pictures up, I think this will have to go down to bad luck as there doesn't seem to be any obvious reason why it failed thanks again as it peaked my interest to understand the failure 

Well looking at where the damaged choke is seating, to me it certainly doesn't look like a loose choke caused it.

But at least your back to shooting, well when we're allowed too that is

Latest posts

Back