Sub zero

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wynno

This weekend I had planned to shoot at ST Dials on the Saturday, Nigel has a 100 bird sporting. And Longridge on the Sunday.

But Storm Emma has put paid to all that, somehow shooting in sub zero temperatures does not appeal to me.

Anyone going to brave the conditions and shoot this weekend ?

The sub zero ends soon around here. Weston Wood is forecast 3-5 degrees, no snow, (might shower) light wind on Sunday. Shorts on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Final of the ABT series this week and will have to show up to try and eliminate a bad score. Not looking forward  to Freezing weather as I seem to suffer really badly with it compared to others. 

But I have to go as it may work out ok. 

If it wasn't a series I don't think I'd bother. 

Final of the ABT series this week and will have to show up to try and eliminate a bad score. Not looking forward  to Freezing weather as I seem to suffer really badly with it compared to others. 

But I have to go as it may work out ok. 

If it wasn't a series I don't think I'd bother. 
I will think about you Paul while I am sat in 27 degrees in Fuertentura

I have said I won’t but chances are my nutter gene will take over and I will.

You guys are mad, it’s minus 3 here, probably 100% worse than that with wind and I topped up a few feeders this morning which took about 30 mins, it’s was horrible and I certainly wouldn’t want to be out queuing to shoot clays in this weather!

You guys are mad, it’s minus 3 here, probably 100% worse than that with wind and I topped up a few feeders this morning which took about 30 mins, it’s was horrible and I certainly wouldn’t want to be out queuing to shoot clays in this weather!
Big difference between a windy -3 and a still +4 which is what Sunday is here.

It’s bad enough waiting to shoot and getting colder by the second, but even worse than that I find is, being unable to move properly or mount the gun due to the fact I’m wearing so many layers of clothing.....

Think I will wait until Wednesday and the first of coleys “summer shoots” :cool:

The sub zero ends soon around here. Weston Wood is forecast 3-5 degrees, no snow, (might shower) light wind on Sunday. Shorts on.
With all west of WW at present under deep snow & not likely to shift a fair few will fall victim. WW has, if as delightful as it reads, the potential to be very very popular

I ain't going anywhere as long as my log burner is lit 😀

...... only shot 100 clays since the 2nd Dec..... chances of me being anywhere near a shooting ground this weekend are about the same as the temperature..... zero to minus figures.

Would love to wrap up and go shooting but chances are I won’t be getting out anytime soon. Live on the side of a mountain in Pontypridd and it’s still bucketing down with snow. Unfortunately the tricked up Landy got sold some time ago as did the AWD car so I’ve got no chance. Intention was Cefn Tilla and Nigel’s Saturday then either longridge or Podimore Sunday. Instead it looks like a dose of cabin fever for me. Wonder if they’ll still go ahead anyway.

Back