Stag & Hounds Shoot, Gerrards Coss, Bucks

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAVE_B

My wife and I visited one of our local shoots today, have been meaning to for a while but today seemed ideal, not lots on as far as registered locally, disgusting weather all day yesterday so lots of localised flooding so too dangerous to plan a long trip. so you can imagine our surprise when we got up to dry windy conditions with a hint of sunshine! e loaded the car and set off for the 8 mile drive to the Stag & Hounds shoot based in Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire. It was pretty busy on arrival but we managed to get around without too much waiting. It must be noted that It's not CPSA so there are no registered shoots, just a nice 80 bird family run shoot which is ideal for a bit of practice. The targets vary from basic to pretty tricky all very achievable but a good shoot for practicing and building the newbie's confidense. They were telling us that the shoot has been going for some 30 years with only a few missed for bad weather. The shoot is on every other Sunday starting at 10:00 through to 13.30, it seems friendly and the tea, coffe and statutory bacon and sausage rolls are good. For beginners like us it is a perfect building block and one well worth trying if you are in the area. The layout changes every shoot. thanks to Paul and Jill for their friendly welcome.

Dave_B

I go there every other Sunday,and have done for 20+years, it's a great little shoot and Paul changes the layout on each shoot so you have a variety each time you go.It can be a tricky shoot with some very testing targets.

Happy shooting Rod.....

I think this is the first place I shot clays - under an electricity pylon up the back of a farm. Was a good little shoot.

Latest posts

Back