Sporting shoots. Your personal accounts. 2022

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Donna. Always nice to put a face to a name and of course Phil as he gets mentioned on here too.

As for the shoot I thought it was a pretty good course but truth to tell I wasn't really firing on all cylinders, much like last time out. 

I think I'll probably quit registered until September or October by which time the old body should have got over the chemo.
Good luck, wishing you all the best, see you later in the year

Good luck, wishing you all the best, see you later in the year
All the best with it John! 
Thanks Team. I'm half way through now, 3 rounds down and 3 to go. My last infusion of poison is due for Aug 19th. It takes roughly 6 more weeks to clear to the resumption of normal life and another month or so to be fully back. 

By and large I'm carrying on ordinary life. as I'm not ill with it, but I do have some of the side effects, which thankfully are mild compared to what happens to some people. Nevertheless I am low on energy and concentration, I'm sleeping badly and my peripheral vision plays up a bit, but as I had an eye exam back in February I know my eyes are physically sound so it isn't anything like glaucoma.

I might do the occasional Friday club but I'll skip the registered, as although I'm keeping fit and strong, the concentration and vision don't hold up for 100 birds all in one go, plus for the 1st time ever (including 3 years in Australia), I'm finding the warmer weather a bit tiring. 

Jack Pyke for us today. Tony really shouldn’t have shot as his back is very bad. You know it’s bad when he says it himself.   Shot with Tash Vadasz who came joint first in ladies 👏👏.  I shot well for me going on recent form. Stand 10 getting the first bird but I missed all four of the second birds stopping my gun every time.  Missed two of the very close rabbits as well!  Got all my driven as you could take them as crossers.  Stand 15 I eventually hit the small orange barsteward on the last pair.  Finished on a 98.  Ran well, saw some of my favourite refs and it makes a nice change to be given tea and coffee at no charge.   Goody bag was nice as well.

Jack Pyke for us today. Tony really shouldn’t have shot as his back is very bad. You know it’s bad when he says it himself.   Shot with Tash Vadasz who came joint first in ladies 👏👏.  I shot well for me going on recent form. Stand 10 getting the first bird but I missed all four of the second birds stopping my gun every time.  Missed two of the very close rabbits as well!  Got all my driven as you could take them as crossers.  Stand 15 I eventually hit the small orange barsteward on the last pair.  Finished on a 98.  Ran well, saw some of my favourite refs and it makes a nice change to be given tea and coffee at no charge.   Goody bag was nice as well.
Great to hear you’re going well again Sian! 👍

Barbury today in the glorious sun. First shoot since recovering from Covid and started a bit wobbly until I learned to speed up a bit. Blanked the big looper on stand 4 (slightly strangely) but shot the rest well enough and finished on 88. A great varied course with several testing stands. The RF 99 must just be ignored as a measure once again.. 95 next up. Hopefully can feel ok at AGL on Friday. 

Beretta World at EJC.  Phil and a few mates shot today, I was working so cannot comment on it but check your score cards as once again they’ve been added up wrong for Phil.  He shot 93 they’ve got him down as a 91 (not bad for shooting an auto which comes out twice a year!!). Luckily we checked the photo and yes, it’s a 93 so another email to them to hopefully get them to check it and correct it on score board. Good luck everyone. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Beretta World at EJC.  Phil and a few mates shot today, I was working so cannot comment on it but check your score cards as once again they’ve been added up wrong for Phil.  He shot 93 they’ve got him down as a 91 (not bad for shooting an auto which comes out twice a year!!). Luckily we checked the photo and yes, it’s a 93 so another email to them to hopefully get them to check it and correct it on score board. Good luck everyone. 
Shot it yesterday abismally! When will I learn that a three hour drive at my age is not conducive to good shooting! Excellent shoot though with plenty of variety and challenging targets. 
PS you always need to get your excuse in first😂

AGL today and it didn’t go well. I met up with a mate who shoots once a year and is getting on a bit. The distraction of baby sitting him really didn’t help me. 😅

That limp excuse aside, I really think AGL are using a course setter who doesn’t get what is required. I’m pretty sure this fella / team don’t shoot decent shoots themselves. Basically it’s a tough round overall there for the last few months, but that’s not a problem in itself. It’s more that half the stands have very close and simple targets, then there are plenty of very tough stands usually because of distance. Not much in the middle. For my preference (and many I spoke to) they really need to balance it up better. 2 tough stands, 1 easy stand and 10 interesting varied medium ones is where a good normal registered shoot should be at I feel. 

AGL today and it didn’t go well. I met up with a mate who shoots once a year and is getting on a bit. The distraction of baby sitting him really didn’t help me. 😅

That limp excuse aside, I really think AGL are using a course setter who doesn’t get what is required. I’m pretty sure this fella / team don’t shoot decent shoots themselves. Basically it’s a tough round overall there for the last few months, but that’s not a problem in itself. It’s more that half the stands have very close and simple targets, then there are plenty of very tough stands usually because of distance. Not much in the middle. For my preference (and many I spoke to) they really need to balance it up better. 2 tough stands, 1 easy stand and 10 interesting varied medium ones is where a good normal registered shoot should be at I feel. 
CPSA scores show only ex 92? Was there a un recoverable problem with a stand?

CPSA scores show only ex 92? Was there a un recoverable problem with a stand?
*Hearsay Warning* 

I heard there was an incident on the final stand whereby one of the grounds team took a direct blow to the back of the head whilst trying to clear a trap. I assume this had implications?

Hope the fella is all right now. 

Ej churchills for the beretta worlds. The ground is amazing and the staff exemplary. 

The shoot its self. Meh. Standard churchill fare as far as the targets are concerned. It needed more balance. Lots of close stuff. Couple of good big targets. Not much in between. 

Most of the refs were great. A couple where not. Poor for this level of shoot.

One bloke on our squad shot it with a  perazzi.

The squad after us showed no respect to our squad when we were shooting. Seems to be the norm these days. 

Sat having a drink afterwards. Shooter says to his Companion.  "you didnt shoot stand X very well today. What happened.? " 

"You shot them OK on Wednesday "

???? Wtf. Really. 

Came away feeling somewhat underwhelmed.  Just does not feel like an event. 

And by the way. £12 for a prawn roll. 😂 

No rush to do it again. The ones at Meon were much better. 

And to be honest.  Not to have a published prize fund before the event  is a disgrace. 

Jasper. 

Ej churchills for the beretta worlds. The ground is amazing and the staff exemplary. 

The shoot its self. Meh. Standard churchill fare as far as the targets are concerned. It needed more balance. Lots of close stuff. Couple of good big targets. Not much in between. 

Most of the refs were great. A couple where not. Poor for this level of shoot.

One bloke on our squad shot it with a  perazzi.

The squad after us showed no respect to our squad when we were shooting. Seems to be the norm these days. 

Sat having a drink afterwards. Shooter says to his Companion.  "you didnt shoot stand X very well today. What happened.? " 

"You shot them OK on Wednesday "

???? Wtf. Really. 

Came away feeling somewhat underwhelmed.  Just does not feel like an event. 

And by the way. £12 for a prawn roll. 😂 

No rush to do it again. The ones at Meon were much better. 

And to be honest.  Not to have a published prize fund before the event  is a disgrace. 

Jasper. 
Totally agree. I shot it yesterday so much close stuff I used 2 boxes of 9s. Stand 14 seemed a waste of cartridges. I hit 102 so not bad for me but I won't be doing it again. 

I went to the Beretta World. Wasn’t my day, shot badly, too tired and I have to agree it didn’t feel special.  Lovely squad and ice cream at the end.  

Honesbiere today

Quite wind effected in places but nothing you'd say was too bad.

St3 only hit 1 of the overheads, hold point was way to far back and rushed the shot. Last go moved hold point forward and took my time, got it.

Bottom field st6 r-l then l-r , missed far to many on that , got told I was overloading them.

St11 up on the hill was a tricky stand l-r crosser and dropping , didn't find that once.

Overall shot about my average so not to bad.

Northampton last week, main stand that stood out was the full use on a single bird. Not done that before. Big l-r looper. Hit it once. 80yards so quite a distance 

Back