Sporting shoots. Where - and how did it go?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't posted for a while but reading some posts on this thread "ego busting reality check for marginal AA guys like yourself Will " Dear oh dear . I shot Owls and enjoyed it immensely, apart from two stands that I completely cocked up was pleased with my 68 . I thought it was very tough and brought this marginal A shooter down to earth .  High gun 92 was sensational . 

I haven't posted for a while but reading some posts on this thread "ego busting reality check for marginal AA guys like yourself Will " Dear oh dear . I shot Owls and enjoyed it immensely, apart from two stands that I completely cocked up was pleased with my 68 . I thought it was very tough and brought this marginal A shooter down to earth .  High gun 92 was sensational . 
Papa, just remember, if you go to Horne on Sunday, remember to tell them that under the Scottish Moral system, you are in fact AAA. I will be at Weston going for B class when I book in.

Weston is fairly soft going by past scores...you should be fine Will!!!
Jeez.. You haven't been there have you. It is in the middle of the country and gets an amazing entry. All the talent from Wales, Midlands, Oxford, Gloucester and even losers from Berkshire. The end scores are always impressive figures but always a surprise when you see the targets. good shoot though.   

Jeez.. You haven't been there have you. It is in the middle of the country and gets an amazing entry. All the talent from Wales, Midlands, Oxford, Gloucester and even losers from Berkshire. The end scores are always impressive figures but always a surprise when you see the targets. good shoot though.   
Yeah, B class high score at the last two Weston Wood shoots was 92 and 93...sounds f*cking 'impressive'!!!???

Yeah, B class high score at the last two Weston Wood shoots was 92 and 93...sounds f*cking 'impressive'!!!???
Climbing stars always Buck a class. (Yawn, as everybody else has Sussed). Bored now.

I mean, what is a suitably hard shoot in Scot-world? 90 yard sim targets with a rusty nail driven into each knee cap? HG of 35? "Oh but I'm so hard, I loved it" screamed by all? Nobody like a grueller. They write that they do, on here and on FB but in the car park they are truthful. Really, over and out on this waffle.

Last edited by a moderator:
No wonder you struggle...your 20 days slow!!! :angel:

Not much on up here in the winter...first two shoots with the K80...Sunday and two weeks past Sunday, North Ayrshire Shooting Ground winter sporting series...Sunday, joint 2nd with 45/50...two weeks past Sunday, 44/50 High gun!!! :smile:
Darkside,man up and shoot 100 bird reg like Will does.?

Climbing stars always Buck a class. (Yawn, as everybody else has Sussed). Bored now.

I mean, what is a suitably hard shoot in Scot-world? 90 yard sim targets with a rusty nail driven into each knee cap? HG of 35? "Oh but I'm so hard, I loved it" screamed by all? Nobody like a grueller. They write that they do, on here and on FB but in the car park they are truthful. Really, over and out on this waffle.
Any harder than this is too much...2015 Scottish Championship

https://database.scta.co.uk/shoot/listMember/league/true/id/1944/filters[discipline_id]/6

Exellent HG for Tony Hoskins!!!? High five Sian!!!
thank you but never mind his score did you see mine ?.  Seriously though everyone needs shoots like Horne - for the land available to them I think they do a good job.  Occasionally you will get stands and you think could have been a sim pair or why a following pair but overall you do have to think about what you are shooting and it is so easy to think you have a stand in the bag and then drop them.  So easy to overlead.  Will is right Court Farm can be very tricky.  

I'm shooting Weston tomorrow; i'm praying that Steve goes into a zen like state when he is setting the course and forgets about the thieving scum. I need an easy shoot to get some confidence back! :)

I went at 12.30, thinking it would be quiet. 270 entries! We had a big wait at the far end, but it was OK after that. The course did seem to have a resemblance to the last time I was there.. Usual story for me. A big bunch of silly misses on some easier stands, but at least I straighted stand 12. Saw lots of faces, a good catch up session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back