Sporting rules question

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

optima

Something i,ve never came across at a reg shoot before happened today,a mate was shooting a stand and had killed the first 5 birds ( on report pair) when the 6th bird never appeared,trap had broken and had to be replaced,the ref had scored 5 kills on his card. Took a while to get another trap there and set up so he took his card back and shot the rest of the shoot.

He returned later to shoot the remaining targets, missed the first bird out and killed the 2nd,the ref changed the first kill from earlier to a loss,so question is should it have been loss kill or pair killed??? as the first bird was already established and marked on the card as a kill.

Good one.

If the ref allowed him to leave the cage due to trap change which took time, then it was not the shooters fault ........ He should have shown him a pair again when he came back to shoot the last pair and the first bird is already established. end of......... This is money people. (although I have no idea what his total score was......neither did the ref.......and rules are rules).

Good one.

If the ref allowed him to leave the cage due to trap change which took time, then it was not the shooters fault ........ He should have shown him a pair again when he came back to shoot the last pair and the first bird is already established. end of......... This is money people. (although I have no idea what his total score was......neither did the ref.......and rules are rules).
He wouldn,t have been in the money either way,just wondered in case it ever happened to me

Rules are rules. :)

On report pair ....1st bird killed before 2nd trap broke.

1st bird therefore established.

What ground was it?

yep, would have stood if he had waited for the trap to be fixed I expect

yep, would have stood if he had waited for the trap to be fixed I expect
Fuzzy it stands whether he waits or not because it was a report pair. First bird was shot and established and it was not the shooters fault that the report bird did not come. Only time it would not stand would be if it was a Simo pair or a rafaelle pair.

Also the shooter would not be expected to stay in the stand if the breakdown was a long one or to stay at the stand if there were more stands to shoot, unless it was squaded. And then it would be a discussion amongst the squad as to whether to move on.

Trust me :)))))))

Quite agree, but sometimes scorers are a law unto themselves. Matt had this problem a week or 2 back at wylye and the scorer dealt with it as per your post.

Latest posts

Back