Somewhere to shoot in Essex on Sunday

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene Holmes

One for the many Essex boys and girls out there.

I shall be visiting my parents in the wild and woolly north of Essex on Sunday.

Anyone know anywhere to let off the bangers in the Dunmow, Thaxted area?

The only two places that I can see Gene are Barrow Hill which is just in to Suffolk or one in Essex called Shrove Hill, I don't know where that is but the phone number is 07905 740552. Other than that there's a 60 bird open ESP shoot at Nuthamstead. You can also shoot most of the trap disciplines there if you want to.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Hotshot.

Barrow Heath is not that far, and they have a 100 bird registered shoot on Sunday.

Other than that there's a 60 bird open ESP shoot at Nuthamstead. You can also shoot most of the trap disciplines there if you want to.
Not been to Nuthamstead before (very new to this game) but it is not far from my place near Hitchin.

Trap.. oh err.. Only shot sporting so far

Thanks Hotshot.

Barrow Heath is not that far, and they have a 100 bird registered shoot on Sunday.

Not been to Nuthamstead before (very new to this game) but it is not far from my place near Hitchin.

Trap.. oh err.. Only shot sporting so far
Nuthampstead is very good for the trap disciplines and very reasonably priced. Barrow Heath should be a good shoot. They also do a great breakfast at Nutty.

This Sunday we have 100 ESP Reg over 12 stands & 25 bird 5 stand Sportrap layout as a pool shoot at Barrow Heath.

Entries are 9-00am with last entries at 2-00pm. The stands are set in a mixture of wooded areas, heathland & down in the valley where we use a 65ft high scissor lift to present avariety of targets for all levels of shooter.

We are 300yds from juntion 41-A14 (Westbound), look out for the "Clay" signs, use

Sat nav is IP28 6RE, which will bring you very close to the track to the shooting ground.

Food, drinks & cartridges are readily for sale too.

Gene Holmes,

I thoroughly recommend a visit to Barrow Heath, introduce yourself to the owner, tell him I sent you and he will look after you.

He'll possibly tighten the springs up and push the targets out.

He would for me I'd bet.

Latest posts

Back