Shot Cam, a 'Must Have' accessory !

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westley

For those still reading, after seeing the title, I shall risk resurrection of this topic.
A while back, when I owned a ProSport I had fitted the barrel weights about 8 inches back from the muzzle. I did not fit any stock weights. YES, it made the gun barrel heavy, but, for ME, it handled better and made crossers, especially distant crossers, a lot easier to hit.
I was certainly shot down in flames on here, for doing this. One well known contributor actually slating the very idea to a point of admitting he had "a shed full of removed barrel weights ". Now he was obviously saving me from Satan, because he refused to part with any of them. However, on my release from the Sanatorium, some weeks later, I was shooting Skeet with some friends. One in particular was struggling with the high bird, especially on pegs 3, 4, and 5. He had changed his gun from a Browning to a Beretta due to the lighter weight of the Beretta. I was convinced that he was stopping his gun and pointed it out to him. A week later he was back on the Skeet range boasting a camera, which he had borrowed, fitted on his Beretta. He telephoned me to tell me how he had hit 'everything ' with his gun. After advising him to buy one of these wonderful inventions, I asked him what the camera weighs, he went away to check its weight. He telephoned me back, and, as expected by me, announced that it weighed 6 1/2 ounces. He added that he had fitted it about 6" back from the muzzle of his gun. Once he removed the camera, his new found form seemed to desert him.
I was shooting yesterday with another friend, who has also purchased and fitted one of these wonderful devices to his Beretta 694. He actually shot a personal best score on a Sporting layout, and he has been shooting a long time. His camera is also fitted around 6" back from the muzzle. I am struggling to get my head around this somewhat new phenomena. We KNOW that making a gun muzzle heavy is a definite NO, NO, after all, I have been told this by numerous 'Experts'. However, I am seriously considering fitting one of these devices to my gun, after all, I have solid proof that it will improve my scores dramatically. Has anybody else noticed this instant improvement to their scores by fitting a camera ?
Just to close, try as I might, I am unable to see that red dot in front of the clay, when shooting with these guys ??

reminds me of shooting with a friend many years back now he was missing a crossing clay, so decided to use one of the very few tracer cartridges he had (who remembers them?) to see where he was missing, called pull and hit the clay.
it’s all in the mind 😂

I haven't got a Shot Kam but I do see the attraction, I'd like to analyse a day's shooting at home in the evening, I'm sure I could learn a thing or two from it.
I do think that shooting with something new attached to your gun, especially a nice shiny bit of kit, will improve most people's shooting in the short term, whether it can be pulled off long term remains to be seen.
Yorkshire Clay Shooter's Cheese grater trigger for instance, is sure to add a large %
1716669624666.png

I haven't got a Shot Kam but I do see the attraction, I'd like to analyse a day's shooting at home in the evening, I'm sure I could learn a thing or two from it.
I do think that shooting with something new attached to your gun, especially a nice shiny bit of kit, will improve most people's shooting in the short term, whether it can be pulled off long term remains to be seen.
Yorkshire Clay Shooter's Cheese grater trigger for instance, is sure to add a large %
View attachment 10780
Hopefully it will help to keep my finger dry in this Yorkshire weather we are experiencing this weekend 🌧️ 😂
In all seriousness I’m sure it will do less than nothing but I do really like the look of them and I think it’s like shooting a particular cartridge if you think it’s helping it’s probably going too but only marginally. Probably better just staying hydrated 😂

I do wonder if, having paid a 'Kings Ransom ' for Titanium chokes, then hanging 6ozs of camera on the barrels, does defeat the object somewhat ?

I do wonder if, having paid a 'Kings Ransom ' for Titanium chokes, then hanging 6ozs of camera on the barrels, does defeat the object somewhat ?
In my experience of having a Shotkam I found the extra weight made a semi auto feel and handle like an over an under so it wasn’t a massive issue. Although on an over under you are very aware of the extra weight. Some don’t mind it but it really bothered me on my Caesar Guirini so I sold the Shotkam.

In my experience of having a Shotkam I found the extra weight made a semi auto feel and handle like an over an under so it wasn’t a massive issue. Although on an over under you are very aware of the extra weight. Some don’t mind it but it really bothered me on my Caesar Guirini so I sold the Shotkam.
Others are totally oblivious of the additional weight and wonder where their new found prowess has come from. 😄

I am still unable to see that red dot in front of the target though ?? 🙄

Not my wife, but ymmv.
Me too I was so very aware of the extra weight on the gun. Which is a shame as it was very handy. Although it was more use for YouTube videos than actual training in my opinion. I would say if anyone was really bothered about improving there shooting the money would be far better placed in the hands of an instructor as opposed to adding the weight of a packet of custard creams to the end of the barrel to check back a video 3 hours after getting home of either hits or misses.

reminds me of shooting with a friend many years back now he was missing a crossing clay, so decided to use one of the very few tracer cartridges he had (who remembers them?) to see where he was missing, called pull and hit the clay.
it’s all in the mind 😂
Ah yes, I remember those well. Did nothing for my shooting.........or my relations with the local Fire Brigade, come to think of it ! 🤭

Latest posts

Back