Shooting reg cpsa for wheelchair shooter

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Should  other people be disadvantaged to your advantage".  Can you explain what you mean with this comment schmokinn. ??   Don't you mean "my disadvantage" how could disabled shooters have an advantage over able bodied people?? 
By being restricted in the positions they shoot from,target presentations,loss of grounds because they do not conform if everything was as you wish some would not be available to them therefore their loss for your perceived/moral gain.

Funding would help with raised platforms by paying for the cost of "certificated and safe" ramps to allow you access which is something you were complaining about it may also allow a modification of the shooting position and other infrastructure to suit you more.

Groundworks,metalworking and even wooden structures cost money plus time and effort to complete plus "certification for safety" and in some cases may even involve planning permission....some shoots would simply close under the financial weight.

Again many grounds just cannot practically make themselves fully wheelchair accessible,not because they do not want to but because it would be physically impossible.

I do not need to borrow a chair to see the challenges involved,i have shot with a local lad who comes to our club who is confined to a chair he has a large wheeled trike style and gets everywhere ...barring platforms which would be impractical for a small club on a site where stand position is changed every shoot.

I think he sees it as a challenge,enjoys it immensely and has never been seen to complain...i guess because he doesn't think it is everybody elses fault that the world wasn't designed for him and is happy that people make there best effort for him.

So you are demanding that all shoots including greenfield sites should have full access,well that,s the Worlds,Beretta gone then and many other big shoots...i can think of one shoot that is registered its on a farm with massively steep slopes and no fixed shooting positions from shoot to shoot...should they be forced to close causing a loss of facilities to the whole shooting community.

And i will repeat i do not believe anyone is deliberately trying to exclude you though you obviously believe that everyone is.

So lets ban any shoots on greenfield sites,any shoots that are on uneven terrain,any shoots that don't suit you basically...nevermind that they may have been there years as small locally run enterprises and would make there best effort for you to enjoy your experience there even though they may not be "suitable",sporting shooting has become far more accessible than it was but still not good enough for you

The nature of sporting shooting in general is that it is in the countryside and the countryside is rough,uneven,hard to access...it seems your suggesting that everything should be shot from flat concrete pads with perfect access over permanent paths with no real variation in topography?

Might as well take up Trap shooting then? Never going to happen and i think i would probably give up shooting if sporting was forced to be the same.

People should make their best effort to accommodate you where practical and safety is not a concern.

You talk about legal action to enforce your will,guess we can kiss sporting shooting as we know it goodbye then if you get your way.
You are now showing your true colours,  I never said 100% accessible, I don't mind hills, valleys, rough paths, even NO toilets, and as you have said your friend gets everywhere barring PLATFORMS. Don't it cost money to put up platforms then.

You are now showing your true colours,  I never said 100% accessible, I don't mind hills, valleys, rough paths, even NO toilets, and as you have said your friend gets everywhere barring PLATFORMS. Don't it cost money to put up platforms then.
Showing my true colours...hilarious,i so love it when people try to label me in any way

Amazing how out of many points you simply choose to attack one,simply some platforms may have been there for decades and the cost may not have historically been a problem.

See i am all about balance for the whole community understanding how that balance works and how actions affect everyone,i try to consider things from different points of view....you well you seem to be just about you.

its obvious you are very angry about something so i will leave you to it,Good luck.

By being restricted in the positions they shoot from,target presentations,loss of grounds because they do not conform if everything was as you wish some would not be available to them therefore their loss for your perceived/moral gain.
It seems reading your comments that you must be, As long as your alright type . And don't care about anything as long as it don't Affect you. Put yourself in a disabled wheelchair shooters place. They pay the same Entry fee as you and a member of the CPSA book in and start shooting a Reg sporting, then come to a raised platform. Who is the one who has the Advantage, put yourself in the disabled wheelchair shooters place , then you would Wine, "Why are they using a platform when they know there is Disabled wheelchair shooters in the competiton

Showing my true colours...hilarious,i so love it when people try to label me in any way

Amazing how out of many points you simply choose to attack one,simply some platforms may have been there for decades and the cost may not have historically been a problem.

See i am all about balance for the whole community understanding how that balance works and how actions affect everyone,i try to consider things from different points of view....you well you seem to be just about you.

its obvious you are very angry about something so i will leave you to it,Good luck.
I am not trying to label you in any way, "your making a good job of that yourself". I am not trying to get things altered only for myself, but for THE WHOLE OF THE CPSA REGISTERED DISABLED WHEELCHAIR SHOOTERS. Which have been stopped shooting sporting, only because of platforms and cliff edge stands. It only needs a bit of thought by the CPSA as they know there are disabled shooters in the membership, or by the grounds when you try to book in by telephone and tell them.  I wont start a slanging match with you on this forum, as you seem only to worry about what might affect you, and try to make me feel bad for asking or telling you about the problems we face. Good luck with your shooting.

"It seems reading your comments that you must be, As long as your alright type . And don't care about anything as long as it don't Affect you" i care because it may a effect everyone unfortunately you do not see the bigger picture

Snipe at me how you like,you don't know me so i don't GAF.

And that is my last word on the subject...feel free to have at me!

"It seems reading your comments that you must be, As long as your alright type . And don't care about anything as long as it don't Affect you" i care because it may a effect everyone unfortunately you do not see the bigger picture

Snipe at me how you like,you don't know me so i don't GAF.

And that is my last word on the subject...feel free to have at me!
Now you are being SILLY, but at least you have now stated how you feel, you don't GAF. 😀 🤪 

Latest posts

Back