Shooting Forums How many of these are there?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlenPresley

Searching the old net and being exposed to facebook there are a serious amount of shooting forums now it seems.

Just wondered how many other members here are on different forums and what formats they use etc seems this here is one of the most user friendly ones IMO.

Glen.

Being new to clay shooting, i looked up and have had a little read on many but have only joined here. I find it more civil here, or was it because i had to join before i could read any posts :p

For some reason I signed up on the GunTrader forum but don't visit very often. Also a member of the Chinese air gun forum but rarely visit there either. I browse around Shotgun World (where a few from here seem to be members) because they have some really anal types on there and it's a good source of info. Pigeon Watch should change their name to Muppet Watch but it is good for a laugh now and then. Never felt any inclination to register there.

There's another one called Clayshoot or Shootclay or something like that but it's pretty hopeless. Half the members still wave at planes......

I'm only a member on here and have always found the other members to be supportive and friendly to a relative new comer to the sport. It has also been great to meet up with a few members at various shoots in my neck of the woods.

I even had the pleasure of scoring for Gav B at the Crazy Bear on Sunday !

I'm only a member on here and have always found the other members to be supportive and friendly to a relative new comer to the sport. It has also been great to meet up with a few members at various shoots in my neck of the woods.

I even had the pleasure of scoring for Gav B at the Crazy Bear on Sunday !
Dont mention Score Pete

:cool:

oh and to answer the question, im a member on three or four, but use this one the most

Last edited by a moderator:
Pigeon watch for pure comedy value as there are so many know nothing morons spouting off on there... Also recently shotgun world to see details of the world FITASC and to laugh at people talking about how fast shells should go, what choke is best and moaning about targets. This one wi s hands down for me, as its the only one I look at with any real interest.

Been a member of Airgun BBS for a long time,Pigeon Watch,Shooting Times and Rimfire Central. The airgun site moves really fast and the guys have superb knowledge, the shotgun side is pretty stagnant though with not many new threads. Pigeon watch is ok though the clay side is dull. This forum is pretty good if folk would post new topics and stop hijacking others topics, have you seen the Fiocchi stockist in the north west topic, it went all round the world.

Never knew about Shotgun world, gonna have a wee look now.

Chiefy

Airgun BBS has some realy good guys and some absolute tossers, same as any forum!!! There are loads of US rifle forums, some realy good reloading info and great people running 1 or 2 of them........Snipers Hide is the only one I follow now. There is a cracking Alaskin forum, rifle bias, serious hunters and fishermen, great pictures, they set it up because they were banned from most other forums for being ultra harsh to "pretenders" and "know nothing" types. Don't get me wrong, they will help newbies, but if newbies don't listen or argue............"go read field and stream retard, when offered advice, either take it or fu@k off!!!" asrealasitgets.com they also like to bait trolls for fun!!!

Pigeon watch is pure comedy value some times........"will my GAT gun kill a fox?" or "I shoot woodies at 70yds in the head with my air gun"

The first one I joined was Shotgun world many moons ago, don't post there that often as it's like taking to yourself. I did have some fun with an eye dominance thread on which I was told something could not be done despite published scientific papers saying it could.

Pigeon Watch for the snap cap, BASC Coach, make sure it fits posts & new shooters who ask for advice then argue with all the advice given stating it's wrong.

This forum, where you can actually have a reasoned debate about a difference of opinion.

Just joined smashing clays today.

Pigeon watch is pure comedy value some times........"will my GAT gun kill a fox?" or "I shoot woodies at 70yds in the head with my air gun"
Sounds like a client that was out once! Had rice crispies with them and put a small pile by each decoy! The X Factor apparently!!! True story and they believed it worked!!!

Honest truth that!

Glen.

I'm a member of a few forums for specific things: A gun related forum for New York shooters, Glock shooters, AR-15 shooters, and now this one to learn more from the masters! (to be able to ask newbie ignorant questions with a certain level of anonimity)

Apart from here.......

My main one is Facebook for the biggest shooting forum in the World.

My second is Masquetiro as the main International one. It is Spanish but everyone is on there from many countries, but you have to speaky the lingo.

It find out things nearly as quickly as I do..... ..

Pigeonwatch for purely a laugh at the ridiculous things that people say and the very poor English (considering how bad mine is....then that is saying something)

Shooting UK

Smashingclays (new one to me)

There are many others like Ladiesclays (girly one) and other ladies only sites that have set up recently.

There are many that deal with just one type of discipline.

The more the merrier if it gets the knowledge moved around.

Then there are totally private shooting forums where introductions are needed and operate like a gentleman's club. They are word of mouth and totally closed to outsiders.....no flamers, no trolls.

If i am honest my fav is facebook because i can make sure that it is tailored to exactly what i want.....that is.like minded shooters who are serious about the sport........ and I can keep off those that i do not want. or who are a pain in the arse and who would spoil my day and my friends day. Best bit is the delete button. I have not had to use that much but if people do not live up to my expectations regarding loyalty, friendliness, sense of humour etc etc it is simple to get rid..............I quite enjoy having a clear out when ness. Sometimes.....i have a public clear out.....I like those the best.

Back