RIP Derek Olivant

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilR

I heard today that Derek, a well known trap shooter and one time Lincolnshire gun shop owner, died last week. He had been fighting cancer for some time.

Recognise the name but didn't know the gentleman.

My Condolences to family and friends.

Derrick was a large part of the trap scene in the late 90's early 2000 I had the pleasure of shooting all over the county and afar with him, true gent and sadly missed joined the rest of a good squad

Micky Wright

Pete Burrows

Nev Bailie

Derrick Olivant

Bugger we only need one more for a full squad !

Nothing nice about old age

But then it don't seem to last long

RIP Derrick

All others let's spread some lead while we can

Oh dear, that is a shame. I used to see Derek regularly at Nottingham and Kirton Lindsay. Been in a few shoot offs with him too.

My best wishes to his family.

Derek is probably best known as the owner of MGR guns in Woodhall Spa until about 2008. He managed the England team and also ran a ground himself in the 1990's.

Always a keen trap shooter, mainly ABT, he was a keen county competitor and a damn good shot. He'll be missed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Derek travelled to Cheddar Valley (now Brook Bank) to shoot ABT in the 80's & 90's- a real gentleman and a very good shot.

Thanks for the notification Phil.

deershooter   ray curry would have been a great addition to your super squad , all good gents and fine trap shots .    respect to all .  !  

Sad news indeed. My 65th birthday March 1st. I remember Derek with much fondness, from long ago, mainly at Nottingham and District GC, he was a true gent. Condolences to his Family and Friends.

Phil* 4033

Latest posts

Back