realistic fitasc at Longridge for £50

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clynt

Just returned from Longridge HG from Dave Kemply of 88 says it all really!!!!! proper targets thanks to Steve Nutbeam for putting the wooooomph back into Fitasc....

Yeah and then go overseas and shoot dooo doos or skeet in the woods and complain?

The english really crack me up nowadays.

Yes we are the best for tough targets and long stuff and we dominate that side of things world wide.

However when we go overseas we all complain because the targets are not tough enough and can not dominate the Team events there was a time when GB was so dominant you never heard of anything less than gold medals.

Bringing the ummmmmph back into fitasc? ..............We have been shooting watered down versions of new system or even old system for years and still paying big entries for it!!!

I think Hickenham Farm will be the first REAL NEW SYSTEM that will be shot in the UK this year??? 4 Stands a layout I have heard just like it is on the europena and world stage!......to bring back the ummmmph as you call it you dont need to make it mega hard one good target in the singles per stand sorts that out you dont need it in the doubles either, then the big boys can compete and the others are happy too!

Over 4 stands - 4 good targets in the singles 1 on each stand these are considered your bonus ones, the rest reasonably easy targets take that away and that is a 21 if you get the rest. Joe average will hit 18-20 and goes home happy! If he hits a couple or one of the tough ones he goes even happier. The big boys have to shoot to the best of their abilities and they are shooting 23's + that is how it should be!!!

Glen

I am just absolutely fed up with people saying they have to have tough hard shoots that are ball breakers? Do they not feel manly unless they only just break 80???

You can have some testing targets I have no problem with that but they have to be in the right qtys over a layout and done properly.

You can not throw 2 real stonkers on a stand and then throw them as raphael or simo in the doubles that to me is just plain stupid.

It has to be enjoyable for everyone.

Plus overseas if you shoot at something at 50-60yards then your lucky so why beat up the home shooters in UK when you go to a European and have to focus on just breaking clays and being consistent.

Makes no sense to me?

Anybody who enjoys shooting 15's on a layout when they are mega hard targets is a liar!

Glen.

My interpretation of what FITASC should be, is that out of a Parcours of 25, 19-20 should be reasonably easy to hit with care and concentration, 2-3 tricky and 2-3 are the harder "bonus birds" (bonus if you hit them).........dose that sound reasonable?

My interpretation of what FITASC should be, is that out of a Parcours of 25, 19-20 should be reasonably easy to hit with care and concentration, 2-3 tricky and 2-3 are the harder "bonus birds" (bonus if you hit them).........dose that sound reasonable?
Yeap.....to Darky and Glen

Yes exactly the problem is when course setters set relentless target after relentless target.

It is fine to have that stonking target in a single when you have full use but so many then go and throw it in a double or even Raffael or something ridiculous.

If you get it in the single you come off the stand thinking yep I did well there and earnt my targets that's enough over 3 or 4 stands it is plenty to miss!

Problem is when this is done on 4 and 3 pegs whereby you have 3 or 4 tough targets it does not take a genious to work out the scores will be coming down.

People and especially those in lower classes who come on here saying that they want to shoot the really hard stuff because this will help them are talking crap! Go shoot skeet or DTL to a good standard first then come back and tell me you want to hit the harder stuff!

It is about catering for all and nobody I don't care who you are if you honest to yourself likes shooting low scores because the course setter is continuously beating them up. Those who say they do are talking crap unless you are one of the top shooters with extreme talent.

Fuzzy just shot 55 out of 100 at Fitasc today now I know my Dad said he found it tough so what did fuzzy really think????

Too much arse licking going on here recently so if you think something say it.

The European Fitasc was not hard but everyone said it was easier than usual and it was, but we all still missed a lot! The problem with the european was if you only managed 23's you were out of it at the top and there was no layout whereby you could pull any targets back. Then if you look at in another way if you were consistent and shot to your best ability you would be up there.

Just fed up of all this macho real targets stuff come back and tell me that when you shoot 90+ all the time at more than one discipline!

Glen.

spot on glen. ( frig, did i just agree with glenicus?????)

jasper

I was 10 below my ESP average and felt I was 8 or 10 light due to it only being my second fitasc and the last one was 3 years ago. Took a good 2 pegs to get any where near comfortable and the full 1st parcour to really settle in shoot without really having to think about rules and order etc.

Yes it was tough, but I expect that. It should be harder than ESP and my score compared to my ESP average reflects that. I enjoyed the hell out of it, connecting with the long r-l off the tower on the pair put a smirk on my face that didnt fade for a while :D If I shot it regularly and relaxed into it without having to think about where my gun is I think I could go somewhere up and above my esp average on that kind of shoot.

I've heard a ground owner say "This layout will catch the big boys out, it wont be straighted", Stupidity, if the top shots can't hit them, then the lower class wont and probably wont come back!!

A course shouldn't be set with the mindset this will be an "EASY" or "HARD" shoot, only ENTERTAINING with lots of VARIETY. There are no "EASY" targets, the very shootable are also very missable.

A shoot should have every target presentation from Rabbits to Driven, Left to Rights, Right to Lefts, Loopers, Battues, Overheads, Teal, Incommers, Going Away etc, Slow, Fast, the Near and not so Near. Each target should be within a consistently breakable distance if the guns in the right place.

5 out of 100 will still moan, but the other 95 will go home happy.

Pretty much spot on Ben. Only gripe with Weston today was I would have liked to see another rabbit or 2 only had 1 single and the same one in a pair. This may have been because of the very wet ground so consistency of target would be difficult.

Yes exactly the problem is when course setters set relentless target after relentless target.

It is fine to have that stonking target in a single when you have full use but so many then go and throw it in a double or even Raffael or something ridiculous.

If you get it in the single you come off the stand thinking yep I did well there and earnt my targets that's enough over 3 or 4 stands it is plenty to miss!

Problem is when this is done on 4 and 3 pegs whereby you have 3 or 4 tough targets it does not take a genious to work out the scores will be coming down.

People and especially those in lower classes who come on here saying that they want to shoot the really hard stuff because this will help them are talking crap! Go shoot skeet or DTL to a good standard first then come back and tell me you want to hit the harder stuff!

It is about catering for all and nobody I don't care who you are if you honest to yourself likes shooting low scores because the course setter is continuously beating them up. Those who say they do are talking crap unless you are one of the top shooters with extreme talent.

Fuzzy just shot 55 out of 100 at Fitasc today now I know my Dad said he found it tough so what did fuzzy really think????

Too much arse licking going on here recently so if you think something say it.

The European Fitasc was not hard but everyone said it was easier than usual and it was, but we all still missed a lot! The problem with the european was if you only managed 23's you were out of it at the top and there was no layout whereby you could pull any targets back. Then if you look at in another way if you were consistent and shot to your best ability you would be up there.

Just fed up of all this macho real targets stuff come back and tell me that when you shoot 90+ all the time at more than one discipline!

Glen.
Always thought FITASC was ment to be the tougher discipline ? That's why used to used the big FITASC bombs, challenging targets full use of the gun, and FITASC guns tight chokes ? Maybe I'm wrong, personally seeing big hard birds break is more satisfying the 20yrd floppy thing ? I shot the fitasc at longridge and it was a real good shoot not to hard not to easy mixture of everything and birds in the air for long time, really enjoyable to shot all I heard was from people was it was a good shoot, and 88 was a good score !

It's tough if there's a full variety of targets because you need the tekkers to hit all the different birds. I always liked long targets providing they're not a lottery or edge on.

Too much arse licking going on here recently so if you think something say it said glen

i tried that and had the thread pulled.

I've heard a ground owner say "This layout will catch the big boys out, it wont be straighted", Stupidity, if the top shots can't hit them, then the lower class wont and probably wont come back!!

A course shouldn't be set with the mindset this will be an "EASY" or "HARD" shoot, only ENTERTAINING with lots of VARIETY. There are no "EASY" targets, the very shootable are also very missable.

A shoot should have every target presentation from Rabbits to Driven, Left to Rights, Right to Lefts, Loopers, Battues, Overheads, Teal, Incommers, Going Away etc, Slow, Fast, the Near and not so Near. Each target should be within a consistently breakable distance if the guns in the right place.

5 out of 100 will still moan, but the other 95 will go home happy.
Nice post, hit all the so called easy ones and you won't be far off any winnings usually.

I haven't been to Grimsthorpe for a long time but that was always my favourite ground. You get a brilliant mix of distance, speed, variety and I can't remember going there and seeing anything stupid or out of range.

Back