PSHQ Europe

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotshot100

I am posting this so that others do not have the same experience as I have had when ordering from this company.

On 6th June I ordered and paid for two Briley Spectrum chokes for my Blaser (these were not available in this country). The cost was 98 Euros which equated to £82.90.

Going by the name of the company and the fact that payment was in euros I think that the natural assumption would be that they were coming from a European source so all duty etc. would have been paid in the country of origin.

On the 11th of June I received an e mail stating that my order had been despatched and would be delivered by USPS in 7-21 days.

When checking the tracking number I was surprised to find that USPS stands for United States Postal Service and that my chokes were in fact in Chicago.

This set alarm bells ringing as items coming in from the States are liable to VAT and Import Duty. Sure enough they were delivered today and I had to pay a further £15.10 before I could take delivery of my items. The £15.10 was made up of £7.10 VAT and £8.00 Royal Mail handling charge.

Having looked in to this further I found some old posts on Pigeon Watch from members who had experienced the same issues.

Nowhere on their website does it say anything about items coming from the States and further payment being required.

Please read the rest of the thread. The rip off is Royal Mail charging £8.00 to collect £7.10.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had no problem when I ordered from them.... But you are 100% right...... It is a European site and as such I'm sure they will refund you the difference, I don't understand y they don't just but lower value on the parcel so no vat or duty

I had no problem when I ordered from them.... But you are 100% right...... It is a European site and as such I'm sure they will refund you the difference, I don't understand y they don't just but lower value on the parcel so no vat or duty
Possibly because it's illegal!?

Getting one over on a corrupt system is one's duty..... Yes we all know it's illegal but pshq know full well that duty and tax would have to be paid coming from states, it's should not be passes on to the customer who believes they are buying from a European site, I have gotten items from the states before that have been under valued simple solution

Getting one over on a corrupt system is one's duty..... Yes we all know it's illegal but pshq know full well that duty and tax would have to be paid coming from states, it's should not be passes on to the customer who believes they are buying from a European site, I have gotten items from the states before that have been under valued simple solution
The problems that I have heard of all concern Briley products. All I ask is that company's are honest and point out that there may be a further charge. I would probably still have ordered as I couldn't get therse particular chokes any where else.

It would however have been nice to have had the option on whether or not to proceed rather than be forced to pay more money to get the items that I had already paid for.

Briley will not deal with U.K. customers at all, they advise you to use Chris Potter.

I have used PSHQ in the past for chokes for an F3 and did not have to pay any extra money at all.

I bought 2 lots of Briley spectrum chokes  for my F3 just paid what was listed on their site and  had them with in 8 working days ? maybe things have changed since last year ...if I remember correctly I was offered a 10% discount on further orders !!

I emailed them before and had a fast response just send them an email I'm sure they will rectify it for you, they seem very helpful,

I also ordered some Briley Chokes this year from PSHQ, took about 4 weeks to deliver, they sent the Chokes from USA so I also had to pay import tax and vat. The chokes were still a little bit cheaper than normal but not that much that it´s worth dealing with customs etc.

I have e mailed them. Stephen replied and apologised for the extra charges, he also said that it is unusual for charges to be made by Customs on small packages.

He asked me to send a copy of the VAT bill and said that he will see what he can do. I'll let you know what happens next.

I would just add free p&p so might be better off buying one choke at a time keep the value down might have more chance getting thru with out charges

I have e mailed them. Stephen replied and apologised for the extra charges, he also said that it is unusual for charges to be made by Customs on small packages.

He asked me to send a copy of the VAT bill and said that he will see what he can do. I'll let you know what happens next.
You should advise Stephen, that it is not unusual.  And package size has little to do with it, it is the declared value on the CN22. I think £18 is the upper limit now, anything else should expect to be charged.

You should also tell him, that "seeing what he can do", wont be good enough.

Drop Shipping, which is what he has done, is great...because you don't have to hold stock...it isn't so good if your customer has to pay import duty though.

CN22-Declaration.gif

Making incorrect value declarations is treated rather seriously. Fraud I think it's called... Not many companies willing to commit fraud to save you a few quid are worth doing business with.....

Don't want to pay import duty? Buy teagues.....

Have heard from Stephen and he is refunding the £15.10. The biggest p*** take of all is that Royal Mail charged £8.00 to to collect £7.10.

And I didn't want Teagues!!

Wow that's pretty good.

Why not teagues? Or indeed mullers? Or mandels?

Will that not happen anyway? As a skeet choke has less metal than a full ? Or are they made from different density steel to compensate?

James and HDAV have just had me scuttling down to my gun-safe with a set of scales, what I've found in a rough and ready weigh-in is

Muller U1 are @5grams each, U3 are a touch heavier

Trulock flush cylinder are @10grams each

Briley cylinder is just over 15grams, the full is around 20grams

its a fair old difference on the end of your barrels (comparatively speaking).

Latest posts

Back