Pilla shooting glasses

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went 

I love my Pilla glasses and all my lenses.   I also love my relatively cheap Silver Pigeon as much as I love my DT10 and far more than Mr Hoskin's brand new, made to measure Perazzi SO3!  Incidentally he decided he wanted one, got to a place in his life he could afford one, has no expectations of it making him into some super shot but whilst he has life left in him, he's living it up the way he wants to.  He equally loves his Kemen, his Blaser F3 and his Pogo stick cheap Berreta Semi Automatic which has a once a year outing.  I am not an Emperor rather an Empress and I have been known to loudly declare on the shooting field that I would love to shoot without clothes.  Whatever happened to just appreciating something, wanting it and buying it without thoughts of it making you into an instant success or people assuming your reason for buying something!  Laugh all you like, think me stupid for buying them, I like them.  They do help me and unless you can see through my eyes then don't assume.  This may sound cross it is not, I say it with love and a slight "here we go again, roll my eyes" feeling.
Yep nothing at all wrong with having what you want whether you are George Digweed or a shooter like me who tries hard... and fails  :lol:  

Hubby has a new Perazzi SC3 , not SO3 ... lucky him I hope he does well with it and does not get it rusty with his drool when he shoots. I could get one of those but there are issues. Firstly I am Scottish and the tight arsed git gene kicks in when confronted with spending lots of dosh on frivolous things and secondly I am really a one gun man. I had four but have only ever used my Perazzi for the last five years. I have sold two and still have a Browning XTR Ultra trap... which I should sell it is brand new and someone should really be shooting it not leaving it under the bed upstairs.

Anyway I bought some Randolph ranger falcon glasses with 5 lenses... £250 on eBay... Scottish gene at play again but to be honest they are almost new, three of the 5 lenses have never been used and good enough for a duffer like me :lol:  

I went 

Yep nothing at all wrong with having what you want whether you are George Digweed or a shooter like me who tries hard... and fails  :lol:  

Hubby has a new Perazzi SC3 , not SO3 ... lucky him I hope he does well with it and does not get it rusty with his drool when he shoots. I could get one of those but there are issues. Firstly I am Scottish and the tight arsed git gene kicks in when confronted with spending lots of dosh on frivolous things and secondly I am really a one gun man. I had four but have only ever used my Perazzi for the last five years. I have sold two and still have a Browning XTR Ultra trap... which I should sell it is brand new and someone should really be shooting it not leaving it under the bed upstairs.

Anyway I bought some Randolph ranger falcon glasses with 5 lenses... £250 on eBay... Scottish gene at play again but to be honest they are almost new, three of the 5 lenses have never been used and good enough for a duffer like me :lol:  
Enjoy your glasses.  Shows how little interest I have in his new gun I cannot even get the name right.  It makes him happy and that is all that matters to me.

Age and too many years focusing on a computer screen has caught up with me so I now need prescription glasses to stop the clays having very blurry edges.  I went for Randolph Ranger Edge as they come in a good range of frame and lens sizes, so they had one that doesn't fall off my nose when I'm shooting stuff under my feet on EJC's scaffold platform.  There are some very nice Pilla frames (580 RX) that I would have loved to have had, but unfortunately they are much to big for me and don't stay in place.

I have decided I need new (reading)glasses, or at least to be tested - its been a couple of years since my last test.

I have also decided my next lot of glasses will be rimless... That should stop the frames getting in the way.

Ha . Just grabbed a set of Randolph falcon HD light lenses for £20 on the fleabay. Zeiss quality don't come any cheaper. 👍

Jasper. 

I got a  3 lens set off eBay. They were mint. Unused. £150. Mrs Jasper got hers off facebook . £250. 3 lens set. As new. Gold .

Be aware of the two frame sizes. 

Jasper.
Phil and I have sold several pairs of shooting glasses (and other shooting bits and bobs) over the years and they’ve all sold in a heartbeat.

Back